Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sylvester Stallone announces Ronda Rousey role in 'The Expendables 3'

Default Sylvester Stallone announces Ronda Rousey role in 'The Expendables 3'

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...-expendables-3

Ronda Rousey signed with the William Morris Endeavor talent agency earlier this year, and now she has her first major movie role.

The UFC's women's bantamweight champion has landed a role in the upcoming "Expendables 3" action flick. Screenplay writer and star Sylvester Stallone announced the news late Tuesday on his official Twitter account.

Rousey (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) is coming off yet another first-round armbar victory. She stopped Liz Carmouche in February in the main event of UFC 157, the first women's fight in UFC history. She currently is taping Season 18 of "The Ultimate Fighter," which she'll coach opposite her fiercest rival, Miesha Tate. The two then will meet in a rematch for Rousey's title at UFC 168 in December in Las Vegas.

It is unknown when Rousey's work on "Expendables 3" will begin or how extensive a role she will have in the film, which also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, Jackie Chan, Dolph Lundgren, Steven Seagal and former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture – essentially a who's who of Hollywood action stars.

The film currently is in pre-production and, according to the Internet Movie Database, has an expected release date of Aug. 15, 2014.

Rousey will not be the first UFC fighter to venture into movies, of course. Perhaps most famously – or infamously – UFC light heavyweight Quinton Jackson got a major role as B.A. Barracus in "The A-Team." And because of his commitments to the film, "Rampage" had to delay a planned main event at UFC 107 in his home city of Memphis.

That left UFC President Dana White perturbed, and since then he frequently has questioned whether it's wise for his fighters to pass up the money they make fighting for the money they make in the movies – which he argues doesn't compare to their regular jobs.

Earlier this year, not long after she beat Carmouche, Rousey was rumored to be up for a spot in "The Hunger Games" sequel due out later this year starring Best Actress Oscar winner Jennifer Lawrence.

"You know how I feel about the movie stuff," White told FUEL TV's "UFC Tonight" earlier this year. "The hard part is, even like the 'Rampage' thing – when 'Rampage' did the movie, it was Rampage's dream to be a part of 'The A-Team' and everything else. I don't want to take away any opportunities away from Ronda, but at the same time, the thing that you have to keep in perspective is that her window of opportunity as a professional athlete is (small). She could make a zillion movies when this sport's over. And where she's really going to make the money is here fighting. I don't care if she's the lead role in ‘The Hunger Games 2,' she would not make anywhere near, and I mean not even in the universe, to the money she makes fighting
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Dana's got a point.

Jennifer Lawrence is making $10 million for the Hunger Games 2. With a $45,000 base + $45,000 win + some PPV shares + sponsors, Rousey still won't be anywhere near that mark. If he means her whole fighting career, then sure, but then again she could do a whole trilogy and make all that money.

Well Rousey working in the Hunger Games does not assume that she'd be a lead role as it has already been established.

After this TUF has aired, her PPV shares will have multiplied.

5. Default

I think Gina Carano is part of an untitled/unafiliated female Expendables movie also.
    ------------------

I wish Dana even occasionally had to back up his rants with facts.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    I think Gina Carano is part of an untitled/unafiliated female Expendables movie also.
    They already did the Charlie's Angels movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

8. Default

Cash in while you can I guess eh? How many movies are they going to ask Rhonda to star in after someone eventually smashes her face? Im betting on 0.

Is Expendables 2 out? If set up correctly the filming could be done on Rousey's vacation time, assuming she is not a major player in the movie, which if anyone saw the RouseyBooBoo (Parody of HoneyBooBoo) thing then that would be a safe assumption.

I liken this to having "Superfights", as long as it doesn't hold up the title I have no problem with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information