http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...o-middleweight

Nick Diaz might be moving up to middleweight for his next UFC fight, according to Brazilian contender Demian Maia.

Maia is now down at welterweight after a long run at middleweight and he is creeping ever closer to title contention.

Appearing on The MMA Hour this week he said that a fight with Nick Diaz had been of interest to him but that it wouldn’t be happening.

“That’s an interesting fight but I heard he is going to middleweight, to 185. I heard that he wants to go up to 185, or at least he wants to go to 185. I heard that… I don’t even remember from who I heard it but lets see what happens,” he said.

Maia also said that while he is interested in fighting the winner of this weekend’s Rory Macdonald/Jake Ellenberger fight, he hasn’t fought since February and wants to get back into action quicker than that match would take.
“The main thing for me is the belt it doesn’t matter if I have the chance to fight GSP or someone else. But if I am able to do something like Weidman just did, go in there and win against a very dominant [champion] it is much more interesting,” he says.