Thread: Nick Diaz moving to middleweight?

Default Nick Diaz moving to middleweight?

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...o-middleweight

Nick Diaz might be moving up to middleweight for his next UFC fight, according to Brazilian contender Demian Maia.

Maia is now down at welterweight after a long run at middleweight and he is creeping ever closer to title contention.

Appearing on The MMA Hour this week he said that a fight with Nick Diaz had been of interest to him but that it wouldn’t be happening.

“That’s an interesting fight but I heard he is going to middleweight, to 185. I heard that he wants to go up to 185, or at least he wants to go to 185. I heard that… I don’t even remember from who I heard it but lets see what happens,” he said.

Maia also said that while he is interested in fighting the winner of this weekend’s Rory Macdonald/Jake Ellenberger fight, he hasn’t fought since February and wants to get back into action quicker than that match would take.
    “The main thing for me is the belt it doesn’t matter if I have the chance to fight GSP or someone else. But if I am able to do something like Weidman just did, go in there and win against a very dominant [champion] it is much more interesting,” he says.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Either division he will need 3 solid wins at minimum.

If Diaz ever fought Bisping or Anderson, I would have many sleepless nights, leading up to the fight, deciding who I hate the least.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Either division he will need 3 solid wins at minimum.
    According to who? This is the UFC. Title shots are given not earned.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    If Diaz ever fought Bisping or Anderson, I would have many sleepless nights, leading up to the fight, deciding who I hate the least.
    I would just pray that they both lose somehow lol

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I would just pray that they both lose somehow lol
    would not be the first time in the ufc where both guys lost the fight

Just a thought on Nick- his pressure and volume are what wins him fights. I don't think his power is going to be enough to ward off the more determined middleweights who actually have solid chins and striking defense. Weidman, Silva, Sonnen, Munoz, Boetsch, etc would walk through his pressure and take him down and control him at will.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Agreed with SJ. Though I would add that Nick also uses his length well in fights. He would lose that as well, making his poor footwork very problematic.

I suppose I'm alone here but I would love to see Diaz/Bisping. I don't care for either of their attitudes but their differences in attacks and relative weaknesses make this interesting. I would expect Bisping could out wrestle Nick but he might not and the standup would be super fun- probably the fastest pace to a MW bout carried for multiple rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    would not be the first time in the ufc where both guys lost the fight
    K, enlighten me. How do two people lose a fight? Wouldn't that just be a draw?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information