Thread: Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold slated for UFC 166 in Houston

1. Default Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold slated for UFC 166 in Houston

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...166-in-houston

A middleweight bout between Tim Boetsch (16-6 MMA, 7-5 UFC) and Luke Rockhold (10-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is the latest addition to October's quickly filling UFC 166 lineup.

UFC officials confirmed the bout with ESPN.com.

UFC 166 takes place Oct. 19 at Houston's Toyota Center. The main card, which features a heavyweight title fight and rubber match between champ Cain Velasquez and former titleholder Junior dos Santos, airs on pay-per-view following preliminary-card bouts on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.

It's not clear if Boetsch vs. Rockhold will be part of the main card.

Rockhold is ranked No. 6 and Boetsch is No. 10 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com MMA middleweight rankings.

Boetsch, who had entered the title picture following four consecutive UFC wins in 2012, now finds himself in a must-win situation. The 32-year-old is stuck in a two-fight skid that includes a TKO loss to Constantinos Philippou and a recent decision loss to Mark Munoz. Prior to the setbacks, the former college wrestler was on an 8-1 run that included wins over notables such as Yushin Okami and Hector Lombard.

Rockhold, meanwhile, recently made his UFC debut following a title run in the since-shuttered Strikeforce promotion. However, in May's UFC on FX 8 headliner, he suffered a spinning-back-kick knockout loss to Vitor Belfort. The defeat snapped a nine-fight win streak that included victories over the likes of Ronaldo Souza, Keith Jardine and Tim Kennedy.

The latest UFC 166 card includes:

Champ Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos - for heavyweight title
    Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
    Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
    Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
    Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
    Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

It's gotten to the point where I see this announcement and think "Wow, that fight actually makes sense rankings wise"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Love it. This is shaping up to be a fucking sick card but I'm not counting on it staying that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Holy cow! This is a great fight and a good one for Boetsch IMO - Go Barbarian!

Don't jinx us Fe1! This looks like card of the year and I'm hoping it stays that way.

Holy cow! This is a great fight and a good one for Boetsch IMO - Go Barbarian!

Don't jinx us Fe1! This looks like card of the year and I'm hoping it stays that way.
    Sorry man *knocks on wood*

So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I do not like Boestch at all. But I think he may win this one by dec.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information