Thread: Roy Nelson: “You won’t see me fight anywhere else, unless the UFC goes under.”

1. Default Roy Nelson: “You won’t see me fight anywhere else, unless the UFC goes under.”

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...fc-goes-under/

It wasn’t long ago the future of UFC heavyweight Roy Nelson looked a bit hazy. Fresh off a one-sided decision defeat, albeit in a bout he took on short notice, “Big Country” was sent into free agency without a guarantee of return to the world’s foremost MMA organization given the well-documented disagreements between Nelson and UFC President Dana White. Fortunately, the sides were able to iron out their differences and do what was best for business.

Nelson recently elaborated on the development in an interview with Bloody Elbow, backing up a MMAJunkie report stating he’d signed a nine-fight deal.

“You could say that I’ll be fighting for the UFC for the rest of my life,” explained Nelson. “The contract is that big. You won’t see me fight anywhere else, unless the UFC goes under. I don’t think that’s ever going to happen.”
    Though Nelson’s stock may have been hurt some by his loss to Stipe Miocic, the 37-year old knows he can put himself back in the contendership picture by beating Daniel Cormier at UFC 166.

“The beauty of the heavyweight division is that you can fight anybody in there and lose on any given day. The only person in the division that has a perfect record right now is Daniel, and that’s only going to last until October,” said the confident competitor.
    The 19-8 Nelson has finished all but two of the opponents he’s beaten. Prior to his last performance he’d won three fights in a row with all coming by way of a first-frame knockout.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

And what if UFC fires him? He will retire then?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Roy won't get fired. The playful banter between him and Dana is just that. Playful. Dana gets what marketing is and how to do it.

Manufactured drama. Nothing more than that.

Thread Information