+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stephan Bonnar calls out Tito Ortiz over Hall of Fame comments

1. Default Stephan Bonnar calls out Tito Ortiz over Hall of Fame comments

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...fame-comments/

UFC light heavyweight legend Tito Ortiz recently teased the possibility of returning to the ring despite retiring more than a year ago, citing his improved health and the itch to compete again as factors in his decision. Fortunately for Ortiz, he already has one individual who appears more than willing to lock horns with him in the Octagon and he also happens to be a retired UFC Hall of Famer as well.

Stephan Bonnar, who was inducted earlier this month based on his historic Ultimate Fighter Finale fight with Forrest Griffin, didn’t take too kindly to some comments from Ortiz questioning his spot in the organization’s HoF and took it a step further by directing a handful of personal jabs at Ortiz during a recent exchange with a fan.

“I’m just gonna call it like it is, I’m gonna help him out. We all know he’s broke. We know Jenna Jameson took all his money. You know, Punishment Clothing, the only people I see wearing that nowadays are homeless people. The management company, you know – not making any money there,” said Bonnar with a chuckle in a video captured by APE12A. “So I’m gonna help the poor guy get paid.”
    Though the remarks are the first time “The American Psycho” has expressed interest in coming back to compete, the fan-favorite is certainly healthy enough to do so if desired. Bonnar retired in late 2012 after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs after a short-notice scrap with Anderson Silva.

On paper, the match-up would certainly appear to be an even one. Bonnar is 15-8 with ten finishes, while Ortiz compiled a 16-11-1 record in his career including wins over Griffin, Ryan Bader, and Vitor Belfort.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Bonnar 100% does not deserve to be in any HOF. But since the UFC's HOF is an absolute farce, who cares... Oh and I know theyre both retired, but if Stefan lost to Coleman, he would get fucked up by Tito.

Coleman is better than Tito in pretty much every way. Your MMA math is flawed. Stephan would kick Tito's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Coleman is better than Tito in pretty much every way. Your MMA math is flawed. Stephan would kick Tito's ass.
    Lol what? Coleman is better then Tito in every way? Lol umm ok!

Bonnar could still win this. His grappling is underrated and his striking is adequate to stand with Tito. He's also less plagued by injuries than Tito.

Wow, I forgot Tito only won one of his last nine fights. That's pretty wild for someone in the UFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Would be a great fight, and I see Tito winning a decision.. Bonnar can't finish Tito no way in hell, and Tito has far superior wrestling and GnP.. Tito has a power edge on the feet as well and he could tag Bonnar much like he did Forrest. Tito wins this, sorry to say..
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

Bonnar's a banger and his BJJ is underrated. I hate to say it, but I say he probably wears Tito down and wins it UD.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Wow! What an awsome idea!

(sees into the future) oh my god..
    That was the worst, most boring peice of shit fight in history.
    Kill me now!

9. Default

I'd say who ever was in shape could win thats true fighting shape. If both are equal in prepardness I'd lean towards Stephen. I agree with Stephens reason for Tito trying to make noise again

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information