Thread: question about k-1

Default question about k-1

just getting into k-1

how many ppv do they run a year, and who are there top names and it any good compared to ufc

are we talking the MMA division, Hero's, or regular K-1?
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

if your talking about the kickboxing it's awesome just as exciting as UFC if not more some of there top fighters are: Semmy Schilt, Remy Bonjasky, Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts, Ray Sefo, Glaube Feitosa, Musashi, Stephan Leko, Choi-Hong Man or is it hong-man choi?, and Jerome LeBanner, those are just some of the best current fighters I can think of off the top of my head, some former fighters include Mirko Cro-Cop, Mark Hunt, Cabbage, Bob Sapp, i am not sure how often they have PPV's but i would think at least every 3-4 months.
    current grappling record
    beginner 185
    1-4 (1 sub)
    beginner 170
    5-3 (1 sub)

its Hong-Man Choi, Choi is the last name.

K-1 has quite a few shows every year, but they are not translated and broadcasted in America for several months, except the shows in Vegas like the Battle at the Bellagio

there's also the K-1 World Max, which has the LW fighters. all the fights are incredibly exciting, with the stars like Buakaw Por Pramuk the 2 time champ, Albert Kraus, Ramon Dekkers, etc.

the Hero's division has a few divisions, primarily focusing on the 185, 155, and a HW class. Heath Herring used to fight in the HW, and the stars in the 185 are guys like Sakuraba, Akiyama, Melvin Manhoef. the best in the 155 is Kid Yamamoto, an Olympic class wrestler and has some good standup, Shaolin Ribeiro, one of the best grapplers at LW, and JZ, a fantastic fighter out of ATT

unfortunately, Kid is out right now, trying to qualify for the Japanese Olympic Wrestling team, but he dislocated his elbow, but is still trying to make it, and one of Heros' biggest stars, Genki Sudo, just retired.
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

Quote Originally Posted by chuteboxechamp
    if your talking about the kickboxing it's awesome just as exciting as UFC if not more some of there top fighters are: Semmy Schilt, Remy Bonjasky, Ernesto Hoost, Peter Aerts, Ray Sefo, Glaube Feitosa, Musashi, Stephan Leko, Choi-Hong Man or is it hong-man choi?, and Jerome LeBanner, those are just some of the best current fighters I can think of off the top of my head, some former fighters include Mirko Cro-Cop, Mark Hunt, Cabbage, Bob Sapp, i am not sure how often they have PPV's but i would think at least every 3-4 months.

Its not exciting at all, K-1 Kickboxing sucks compared to the UFC or pride or any other MMA org...

Semmy Schilt ran with his tail tucked between his legs from MMA and went to K-1 Kickboxing, he couldn't cut it in MMA so he went to k-1.

I guess he couldn't handle the MMA training anymore.
    Although he has 24 wins and fought in a mma fight last year and won he couldn't beat the top dogs like, Sergei Kharitonov, Josh Barnett , Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Fedor Emelianenko.

And most of his wins are in Pancrase fighting which doesn't not allow clinch fist punches.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin
    Its not exciting at all, K-1 Kickboxing sucks compared to the UFC or pride or any other MMA org...

Semmy Schilt ran with his tail tucked between his legs from MMA and went to K-1 Kickboxing, he couldn't cut it in MMA so he went to k-1.

Although he has 24 wins and fought in a mma fight last year and won he couldn't beat the top dogs like, Sergei Kharitonov, Josh Barnett , Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Fedor Emelianenko.

And most of his wins are in Pancrase fighting which doesn't not allow clinch fist punches.

Wow, dude. I am amazed. :banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by ronin

K-1 Kickboxing is awesome bro, maybe not as exciting as the UFC or Pride (well with the recent matchups the UFC has been puttin together I wouldnt put my money on that) but its still very entertaining.. I rather watch Remy Bonjasky fight then most of the UFC cards that have been put together
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Thread Information