Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tate: UFC ref ruining fighters' lives

Default Tate: UFC ref ruining fighters' lives

UFC fighter Miesha Tate went on record this week with very harsh critique for UFC referee, Kim Winslow. The women's bantamweight contender was a guest on an episode of SiriusXM's Fight Club

The coach of The Ultimate Fighter season 18 believes her loss to Cat Zingano was an early stoppage and that she was still very much in the fight. She went on saying that Kim Winslow is "literally ruining people's lives."

Miesha also mentioned that she "knows for a fact that Zingano doesn't want a rematch" with her but she'd love to fight Cat again.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/t...s-lives-072413

I don't know about you but I think the fight was stopped eary but on the other hand I've seen Winslow make some really bad calls.

Sorry I don't know how to put the audio out.

Seen a few fights where Kim Winslow's reffing was really bad.

I don't understand why a woman is refereeing mens fights at all. ...(waits for flammes)

At least have a person the same size as the fighters in there.

Winslow might be ruining fighters lives but not in the way Tate is describing. More like ruining fighters lives through unnecessary punishment via late-as-fuck stoppages.

better winslow than mazzagatti, for real. mistakes on winslow's part seem like inexperience to me, mazzigatti's mistakes seem like his head isnt into whats going on. the former being reasonably excusable, the latter is total bullshit.

2012 was not a good year for Kim Winslow. She declared John Albert's grunt a verbal submission. Kim Winslow allowed Lorenz Larkin to be bludgeoned. Very late stoppage. Probably many more examples, but I cannot remember.

Yamasaki had some shitty preformances in 2012 as well with the farce of a DQ on Erick Silva and his allowing Maldonaldo to take the beating he did (clearly was not intelligently defending himself at multiple points).

I'd say Yamasaki and Winslow were the two worst of 2012. They are human but their mistakes are preventable through better training and education. Sadly, the judges and referees are not trained well enough in my opinion. The commissions are at fault for this as they have not established better protocols and are instead busy counting their money.

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jhemp81 View Post
    better winslow than mazzagatti, for real. mistakes on winslow's part seem like inexperience to me, mazzigatti's mistakes seem like his head isnt into whats going on. the former being reasonably excusable, the latter is total bullshit.
    They both are terrible... Its cause comissions are corrupt tho, lol we got winslow and mazzagatti but big John cant get licensed. Thats just fucked..

That's politics for ya.

She shouldn't be allowed to ref any fights bigger than lightweight. Scratch that, she shouldn't be allowed to ref at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

IMHO, the fight was stopped too late, not too soon. Tate was surviving, but not intelligently defending herself. That's the thing that some fighters (and certainly fans) clearly don't understand. The rules are that you need to intelligently defend yourself, it isn't simply not getting KO'd. She got hit in the face... a LOT. Simply covering up, is not enough. I really think Kim Winslow did a good job in this fight.

At the end the day, Tate is being a sore loser.

Thread Information