+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UFC 166 gets lightweight bout between K.J. Noons, George Sotiropoulos

Default UFC 166 gets lightweight bout between K.J. Noons, George Sotiropoulos

Strikeforce veteran K.J. Noons (11-7 MMA, 0-1 UFC) will meet George Sotiropoulos (14-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC) on the card in Texas, and each fighter will be hoping to snap a three-fight losing skid. UFC officials on Wednesday confirmed the bout, which was first reported by Australian news outlet The Age.

[...]

Noons made his UFC debut in May and dropped a unanimous decision to Donald Cerrone at UFC 160. Prior to that, he had four losses in his final four fights for Strikeforce, including a controversial split-decision setback to Ryan Couture in the promotion's finale in January. With five losses in his past six fights, a win appears to be critical for the Hawaii native. It should be noted, though, that those losses included a welterweight title fight to Nick Diaz and a pair of lightweight title eliminators.

After a 7-0 start to his UFC career, including five straight wins after dropping to lightweight from welterweight, Sotiropoulos has dropped three straight. After two "Fight of the Night" wins in three bouts, the Australian was outpointed by Dennis Siver, then knocked out in 59 seconds by Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 132. After coaching opposite Ross Pearson on the Australia vs. U.K. edition of "The Ultimate Fighter," Pearson stopped "Sots" with a third-round TKO in December.

With the latest addition to the card, UFC 166 now includes:
    Champ Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos - for heavyweight title
    Daniel Cormier vs. Roy Nelson
    Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Shawn Jordan
    Hector Lombard vs. Nate Marquardt
    Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez
    Tim Boetsch vs. Luke Rockhold
    K.J. Noons vs. George Sotiropoulos
    Tony Ferguson vs. Mike Rio
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...e-sotiropoulos

I was wondering what happened to George. Not a big fan but glad to see he's back in the fold. I'm also glad Noons is still with the UFC, I think folks were worried after the Ceronne loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

I thought Sots was retired. Not a good fight for him in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information