Thread: Frankie Edgar wants fight with Cub Swanson at UFC 167

1. Default Frankie Edgar wants fight with Cub Swanson at UFC 167

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...on-at-ufc-167/

UFC featherweight Frankie Edgar wants to make his way back to a title-shot as fast as possible and appears to be locked in on an eventual clash with Cub Swanson as a means of assisting the process. Though Edgar’s interest in Swanson is nothing new, he now has a specific time and place he hopes to lock horns with the well-rounded contender.

According to a report on UFC Tonight, Edgar is shooting for a showdown with Swanson on November 16 in Las Vegas at UFC 167. The still-developing show is scheduled to feature welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre defending his title against Johny Hendricks in the headlining tilt.

Edgar’s desire to duke it out at the event is also in part a means of giving him time to recover for a fight on Super Bowl Weekend. Like the big game, the card is set for New Jersey where Edgar hails from and hasn’t fought in since UFC 78 (more than five years ago).

Unfortunately, Swanson’s current focus is on a fight with the winner of featherweight king Jose Aldo’s upcoming bout with Chan Sung Jung. As such, he labeled “The Answer” as “Plan B” in a statement responding to Edgar’s attempt at securing a scrap.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

I'd rather see Swanson/Lamas II for #1 contender and Frankie vs the winner of Mendes/Guida for the shot after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

I see Mendes, Lamas, Cub, and Jung as all being above Frankie. With a win over Do Bronx, I think he should get someone like Siver next.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    I see Mendes, Lamas, Cub, and Jung as all being above Frankie. With a win over Do Bronx, I think he should get someone like Siver next.
    Disagree. I think he should definitely be getting someone coming off of a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

I'd rather see Swanson/Lamas II for #1 contender and Frankie vs the winner of Mendes/Guida for the shot after that.
    ^^This.

As much as I'd like to see Frankie get another shot at the title, I'm in no hurry. Let him take his time and work his way back up.

So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I agree with you, even though i think guida vs edgar would be mind bogglingly boring. It makes much more sense since llamas and cub are probably next in line for the shot considering frankie just had one. Also llamas won number 1 contender and typical dana took it away when dana saw a better opportunity draw wise with pettis.

Edgar should work his way back up but Swanson wants his shot and I doubt he beats Edgar. Siver was schooling Cub most the fight until he gassed imho. Siver is just a fucking lil tank with some solid striking but all that muscle has its consequences.

Disagree. I think he should definitely be getting someone coming off of a win.
    I can see where you're coming from with that. But I'm still a little sore that he got the immediate title shot and would prefer that he fight someone outside of the top 5 in his next fight. Especially as I didn't see his win over Olivera as being very impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

I can see where you're coming from with that. But I'm still a little sore that he got the immediate title shot and would prefer that he fight someone outside of the top 5 in his next fight. Especially as I didn't see his win over Olivera as being very impressive.
    Frankie doesn't typically win in impressive fashion. He is just not that type of fighter he has a few fights that he has won decisively but the majority of his wins are not in impressive except for maybe the names he beat.

I agree he needs to win another maybe two before he gets another title shot.
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Let's just cut to the chase and just put another 5 round decision loss on Edgar's record; but let's be nice about it, we'll say it was to Cain.

Thread Information