Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 168's Anderson Silva: 'I was so out of myself I didn't think about' rematch

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Weidman didn't "smash" Sakara. Just sayin'
    No he didnt, but in Weidman's defense, he took the fight on 2 weeks notice, was nursing a rib injury and it was his first UFC fight. Just sayin'.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Doubt it, Chris takes the rematch too.
    Why are you so convinced? If you rewatch the fight you'll see Anderson is leagues above Chris in standup but I will say Chris looked pretty slick on the ground.

I expect to see Anderson come back with a new focus and Chris falling within 2 rounds. I like Chris but Anderson's showboating is what cost him the title.

Really hard to call for the rematch. Weidman waa very effective on the ground, standing not really besides when he clipped Silva. We've also seen Weidman a bit sluggish and slow after grinding maia a round or two granted he took it on short notice. But I think he'd want to do more wrestling in the rematch. Silva did a good job defending the td but ultimately got took down from the position he sprawled so I really don't know. Silva still looked a lot faster too but we'll see

I think Silva underestimated Weidman's ground game. I think he's going to be one focused dude this time around. No showboating just lighting him up with shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    I think Silva underestimated Weidman's ground game. I think he's going to be one focused dude this time around. No showboating just lighting him up with shots.
    Exactly.

Just how Serra got to beat the man at welterweight and then give it right back now Chris will do the same for the middleweight king.

Weidman didn't "smash" Sakara. Just sayin'
    doesnt mean i didnt say it?

7. 07-25-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    Why are you so convinced? If you rewatch the fight you'll see Anderson is leagues above Chris in standup but I will say Chris looked pretty slick on the ground.

I expect to see Anderson come back with a new focus and Chris falling within 2 rounds. I like Chris but Anderson's showboating is what cost him the title.
    I watched the fight a few times and Anderson wasn't winning any part of it up to the KO, Anderson's stand up is better of course but it's not leagues ahead. Chris is just a really bad match up for him in everyway IMO.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 07-25-2013 at 09:01 PM.

anderson takes the rematch. i think he comes in focused and doesn't taunt as much. chris just caught silva in a weird angle. i don't think silva makes the same mistake again.

Sakara only had 2 weeks to prepare for him as well, a world class grappler and as you know is always injured. Just sayin
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/wp-content/...-Sakara-21.jpg
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information