Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UFC 168's Anderson Silva: 'I was so out of myself I didn't think about' rematch

Why does everyone assume a "focused" Silva beats Weidman? Didn't Weidman take him down within 30 seconds? If he hadn't gone for the knee bar he would have held Silva down for the entire first round and beat him up with GnP. Wiedman was clearly winning that fight up until the KO. And I honestly think Silva was focused, he just got beat by a better fighter.

In the end Weidman has more ways to beat Silva then Silva has to beat him. Silva really can only win this fight if he can keep it standing and KO Weidman. Weidman has shown he can KO Silva, take Silva down and GnP him and might even be able to submit him. For the first time in a really long time Silva is fighting a guy with more tools in the tool box.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

2. Default

On topic....

NEVER BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEAR IN THE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW. Emotions are running too high and everything is way too fresh for any athlete to make an honest assessment of what the future holds. If you want to know whats really going to happen, read the interviews a week later.

Chris is entering his prime and Anderson is years beyond his. Chris is a threat in multiple areas whereas Anderson is primarily only dangerous on his feet. Chris secured that takedown easy and did plenty of work while he had Anderson down. If Chris doesn't dive for the kneebar Anderson spends the entire round on his back being punched. I can see Anderson winning the rematch but still see him as the underdog.

That said Anderson doesn't deserve a rematch. The fight wasn't close, it didn't go to the judges, the judges didn't score the fight poorly and the ref didn't stop the fight pre-maturely. He got KO'd. KO'd in a fight where he had virtually no offense. I'm all for acknowledging his win streak but it doesn't warrant a rematch.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Sports are what have you done for me lately. Silva doesn't deserve it, but he is getting it. I hope he gets knocked out again.
    Earth! Fire! Wind! Water! Frankie Edgar!

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    On topic....

NEVER BELIEVE WHAT YOU HEAR IN THE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW. Emotions are running too high and everything is way too fresh for any athlete to make an honest assessment of what the future holds. If you want to know whats really going to happen, read the interviews a week later.
    This. He just got knocked the fuck out. Nothing he says after that should be taken seriously. He was not in his right mind.

He may not deserve the rematch, but I am still looking forward to it. I agree with masscore. If he doesn't go for that kneebar than silva spends the rest of the round getting punched. Silva can win, but weidman is an evolution to the sport. A wrestler with bjj chops and power. He has all the tools.

If Anderson goes into this fight with murder in his heart, then Weidman doesn't stand a chance, except if he can hold silva down for 5 rounds. If he goes for any subs or hard GNP, Silva will get back to his feet and make him pay. After Silva wins I'd like to see Wiedman fight Vitor or maybe Cung Le (should he win his fight in China). But I think Chael will talk his way into a fight....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    If Anderson goes into this fight with murder in his heart, then Weidman doesn't stand a chance, except if he can hold silva down for 5 rounds. If he goes for any subs or hard GNP, Silva will get back to his feet and make him pay. After Silva wins I'd like to see Wiedman fight Vitor or maybe Cung Le (should he win his fight in China). But I think Chael will talk his way into a fight....
    Agreed plus I would love to see Weidman get KTFO by Vitor but I really don't have any interest in seeing Cung Le fight anyone but Silva and that is because both of them are strikers.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

8. Default

It's funny reading the shift in peoples veiws after Chris KO'd him.lol.
    I'll say again it's Silva's fight to lose

Off topic Cu Lee & Bisping would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Sports are what have you done for me lately. Silva doesn't deserve it, but he is getting it. I hope he gets knocked out again.
    I'd say 16 wins in a row is not a horrible precedent for an instant rematch in a fight that was not close.

Thread Information