Thread: Shawn Jordan vs Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 166

1. Default Shawn Jordan vs Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 166

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/24...onzaga-ufc-166

Earlier today it was teased that long time Brazilian heavyweight Gabriel Gonzaga had a big fight coming up on a big card. Now we know that Gonzaga will take on Shawn Jordan at UFC 166 in Houston this October, as confirmed by The Advocate.

Gonzaga (15-7) is 3-1 since his UFC return, and he barely broke a sweat in knocking out Dave Herman at UFC 162 earlier this month. The Jordan fight will be his 4th of 2013, and assuming he doesn't get removed from the card, it will be the first time that the 34-year-old has ever fought 4 times in a calendar year.

Jordan (15-4) is coming off his own quick knockout win of Pat Barry at UFC 161, just three weeks prior to Gonzaga's destruction of Herman. The former LSU fullback is 3-1 in the UFC with his sole loss coming in a dreadful fight against Cheick Kongo at UFC 149. "The Savage" has been fighting like one thus far, and a win for him would make him one of the few heavyweights in the entire division to actually have a three fight win streak.

The heavyweights take main and co-main event honors as Cain Velasquez fights Junior dos Santos for a 3rd time in as many years, while Daniel Cormier battles Roy Nelson before the championship bout. Gonzaga/Jordan will likely be on the main card.
    *Man I can't wait to get tickets.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Awesome fight! Jordan has the advantage of helping Browne prepare for Gabe as well as the size advantage. His skill set is still so crude but I can see him winning this one.

I'll be rooting for Shawn. I have a hard time rooting for Gonzaga. I sort of still hold a grudge over the Cro Cop KO.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information