Thread: 2008 men's US freestyle team perfect 29-0 in MMA

Hybrid View

Default 2008 men's US freestyle team perfect 29-0 in MMA

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...t-29-0-in-MMA/

Also remarkable is the record of the four members of the 2008 US Olympic Freestyle Wrestling Team that went on to compete in MMA. Complete team roster was:
    121 lbs. Henry Cejudo
    145.5 lbs. Doug Schwab
    163 lbs. Ben Askren
    185 lbs. Andy Hrovat
    211.5 lbs. Daniel Cormier
    264.5 lbs. Steve Mocco

Of the six members of the men's fs team, four went on to fight in MMA, and to date, not a single one has lost ever, compiling a perfect record of 29-0 in the sport:
    Cejudo (4-0)
    Askren (11-0)
    Cormier (12-0)
    Mocco (2-0)
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Well we all know wrestlers make the best fighters so this shouldn't be that much of a shock.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Funny thing is the best of all those guys by far, Henry Cejudo, never went into MMA. He would be flyweight champ right now if he did.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Funny thing is the best of all those guys by far, Henry Cejudo, never went into MMA. He would be flyweight champ right now if he did.
    Mixed martial arts career[edit]

On Jan. 30, 2013, Cejudo announced on his Twitter page that he plans to begin training for a career in MMA.[9][10] Despite wrestling at 121 pounds during his wrestling career, Cejudo plans to fight at 135 pounds in his MMA debut planned for late March or early April.[11] He defeated Michael Poe by submission due to punches in his MMA debut at a World Fighting Federation event on March 2, 2013.[12] Cejudo has fought 3 more times since his debut, winning each fight via 1st round TKO. Cejudo is listed as the #1 ranked Bantamweight prospect in the MMA Prospects Report 2013.[13]
    Mixed martial arts record[edit|edit source]

Professional record breakdown [show]
    Res. Record Opponent Method Event Date Round Time Location Notes
    Win 4–0 Miguelito Marti TKO (punches) Gladiator Challenge - American Dream May 18, 2013 1 1:43 Lincoln, California, United States
    Win 3–0 Anthony Sessions TKO (punches) WFF 10: Cejudo v Sessions April 19, 2013 1 4:23 Chandler, Arizona, United States
    Win 2–0 Sean Henry Barnett TKO (punches) Gladiator Challenge - Battleground March 24, 2013 1 4:55 San Jacinto, California, United States
    Win 1–0 Michael Poe Submission (punches) WFF MMA: Pascua Yaqui Fights 4 March 2, 2013 1 1:25 Tucson, Arizona, United States

Ummm.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Ummm.....
    completey missed that my bad i only read the bottom (facepalm) but my point still stands i think hed be a top ten fighter whether at fly or bantam if he had gone into mma earlier.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    completey missed that my bad i only read the bottom (facepalm) but my point still stands i think hed be a top ten fighter whether at fly or bantam if he had gone into mma earlier.
    For sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information