+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miami Biogenesis Scandal allegedly includes MMA fighters

Default Miami Biogenesis Scandal allegedly includes MMA fighters

The man who turned the Biogenesis clinic from a quiet investigation in Miami into a national scandal says there are at least a dozen more athletes whose names haven't been exposed and that they come from across the sports world.

Porter Fischer, the former Biogenesis of Miami clinic employee who turned boxes of documents over to the Miami New Times last year, declined to name the athletes. But in his first television interview, Fischer told "Outside the Lines" that numerous sports had at least one athlete who received performance-enhancing drugs from clinic founder Tony Bosch.

[+] Enlarge
    Nicole Noren/ESPNPorter Fischer is the man who brought the Biogenesis scandal public, by providing documents to a Miami newspaper that named MLB players as PED clients.

"This isn't a 2013 thing or a 2012 thing; some of these people have been on the books since 2009," Fischer said.

Fischer said he and associates have identified athletes from the NBA, NCAA, professional boxing, tennis and MMA, in addition to other professional baseball players who have not yet been identified. As far as he knows, Fischer said, Bosch had no clients from the NFL or NHL.

He said the only sports entity he has heard from was Major League Baseball.

The athletes not yet publicly named come from the documents Fischer took from the clinic, documents he said another employee asked him to take for safekeeping. The number of athletes involved with the clinic, based on what he saw and heard during his time with Biogenesis, is far more than people realize, he said.

"In just the four years that I know, it's got to be well over a hundred, easy," he said. "It's almost scary to think about how many people have gone through [Bosch's treatments] and how long he's gotten away with this."

Bosch has been cooperating with MLB for more than a month, providing what sources have said are extensive records of his connection to 20 to 25 players. The Milwaukee Brewers' Ryan Braun was already confronted with evidence, and he agreed to a season-ending 65-game suspension and forfeited his remaining salary for the year. Other suspensions, including for the New York Yankees' Alex Rodriguez, are expected within the next two weeks.

In Fischer's interview with "Outside the Lines," he said he never expected the insanity that turned his life "upside down" after he released the documents.

Fischer was a client of Bosch's for two years, believing the man known as "Dr. T" was a medical doctor. Bosch is not but has presented himself as one for years, treating patients like Fischer with weight-loss regimens of prescription drugs. Fischer, who worked in marketing for years, said he offered to start a marketing campaign for Biogenesis last year and that Bosch responded by asking him to invest in the company.

Fischer said he gave Bosch $4,000 in September with the promise he would get $4,800 in return. Fischer was named the company's marketing director. After receiving $1,200, he said the payments stopped. Several former Bosch associates said they were also owed money
    rest in article

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-investigation

The reason I posted this was because i was wondering what you all thought if it came out that some UFC superstars were involved in this whole A Rod Ryan Braun thing. Would Dana take any action or will they ignore it completely?

2. 07-25-2013, 09:36 PM

This story is too big for the UFC to sweep under the rug, ala Shane Carwin. If any UFC guys are busted, the hammer is going to come down hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

What's the point of sports when so many are cheating? the better man/team winning? that novel idea is long gone. I understand money makes the world go around but as a fan i'm done with big money sports, only thing left for me ATM in MMA, I hope that isn't taken too.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    What's the point of sports when so many are cheating? the better man/team winning? that novel idea is long gone. I understand money makes the world go around but as a fan i'm done with big money sports, only thing left for me ATM in MMA, I hope that isn't taken too.
    Mma is already taken, its just not public knowledge yet... If you honestlu dont think most guys are using some type of performance enhancing drug you're delusional. With how shitty the testing is, you would be dumb not to be taking something. Im becoming more and more pro steroids. Why are we trying to stop something that is impossible to stop. Also contrary to popular belief, when done properly, PED's are alot safer then ppl believe. Fuck were already letting guys do steroids legally, its called TRT. Its time to stop the gimmick and just let these guys be the super athletes we want to see compete... I already know most ppl are gonna disagree, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    This story is too big for the UFC to sweep under the rug, ala Shane Carwin. If any UFC guys are busted, the hammer is going to come down hard.
    thats what i was thinking though not necessarily fair as the ufc hasn't gotten involved in PED things before it was the athletic commissions giving the penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Mma is already taken, its just not public knowledge yet... If you honestlu dont think most guys are using some type of performance enhancing drug you're delusional. With how shitty the testing is, you would be dumb not to be taking something. Im becoming more and more pro steroids. Why are we trying to stop something that is impossible to stop. Also contrary to popular belief, when done properly, PED's are alot safer then ppl believe. Fuck were already letting guys do steroids legally, its called TRT. Its time to stop the gimmick and just let these guys be the super athletes we want to see compete... I already know most ppl are gonna disagree, just my opinion.
    The reasoning I beleive is because it isn't fair for someone to be at a disadvantage for not putting a potentially dangerous substance into their body.

The UFC has been pretty laughable for their PED policies. Beyond the whole clusterfuck that is TRT, guys like Vitor, Leben, Carwin, Overeem have all gotten off with little more than a slap on the wrist compared to athletes of major sports. Major media outlets don't really care to report on it, so they can salvage their public image far better than guys like Braun, A-Rod, Barry Bonds, etc.

Reminds me of
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdzH9...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p0QE...eature=related

I know they all didn't die from drug use but it's still pretty creepy and sad.

This is going to be a very intriguing story to follow, especially with several major camps being located in the area with major names and fighters and trainers who've ventured down to get the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    The UFC has been pretty laughable for their PED policies. Beyond the whole clusterfuck that is TRT, guys like Vitor, Leben, Carwin, Overeem have all gotten off with little more than a slap on the wrist compared to athletes of major sports. Major media outlets don't really care to report on it, so they can salvage their public image far better than guys like Braun, A-Rod, Barry Bonds, etc.
    Overreem didn't have a TUE and from my knowledge he received a shot for a rib injury from a doctor which contained testosterone. Still doesn't make him innocent. Every athlete today should know exactly what's going into their bodies. But doesn't prove he was a habitual abuser accept to those who want to believe so....Has anyone ever stopped to think what it would feel like from Overreem's perspective if he was telling the truth about never touching steroids but very few people believed him? I think with guys like Overreem and Lesner people just see something they can never achieve and throw rocks at it.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

The Overeem situation is different than you described.

Most people already had strong opinions about his use. The background noise was persistent. Then, he skipped out on a mandatory test. Then, he had one sent in by one of "his" doctors.

Even if someone could have looked past those things, he up and pissed hot anyway. Then he comes in with one of "his" doctors who had "prescribed" him with a steroidal anti-inflammatory and the story was simply too far fetched to ignore anymore.

My question on Biogenesis is this- were any of the athletes receiving products from them legitimately exempted?
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information