Thread: Jamie Varner Teammate, Sam Young, Dies of Heart Attack During Training

Default Jamie Varner Teammate, Sam Young, Dies of Heart Attack During Training

One of my teammates posted this pic. About 5 seconds later is when Sam fell and I ran to his side then called 911. It still hasn't fully hit me but I'm thinking about trying to create a #samyoungfoundation to help support his family, young athletes and to create awareness of potential cardiovascular issues. Lets know ur thoughts and if u have any knowledge on how to go about doing something like this. Thanks for all the kind words and support, I am going to push harder and I'm getting this win and donating a large portion of my win bonus to his family!
    http://instagram.com/p/cMjPZAnPMh/

I drove by a guy on a motorcycle yesterday looked right in his face and thought to myself that's gotta sux because he was wearing a tank top and it just started to pour. 30secs later he was dead trying to avoid a car the pulled in front of him. Life's too short and you never know when your time is up, enjoy it for what it is and have fun.

R.I.P Sam Young.

Looks like a real young person as well. You just never know. Did he have kids? Nice of Varner to donate to the family. RIP.

he died right after the picture? holy shit rest in peace sam young

Really sad news. RIP Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    he died right after the picture? holy shit rest in peace sam young
    My older brother had a seizure at my sister's university graduation just as we were taking a family picture. I know what it's like to have the bad timing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Wow. My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP.

Wow... What a tragic event. That is just awful.

Scary stuff.

Terrible news. Thoughts go out to his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    I drove by a guy on a motorcycle yesterday looked right in his face and thought to myself that's gotta sux because he was wearing a tank top and it just started to pour. 30secs later he was dead trying to avoid a car the pulled in front of him. Life's too short and you never know when your time is up, enjoy it for what it is and have fun.

R.I.P Sam Young.
    This was in Cole Harbor? Never heard anything about it.

Heart attacks are no joke. I worked at a hotel in Louisiana at the front desk. This guy was checking out at 6am. He started leaning on the counter, I turn around to get his bill and he starts to fall over. I grabbed his hand trying to stop him, but he almost took me over too. I'll never forget the sound his head made against the linoleum floor......He died at the hospital.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information