Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Machida: It's not right for Cormier to 'cut the line'

so if JDS beats cain im wondering if dana will offer DC a HW title shot as long as he gets thru big country

If both win their respective fights. Then, machida vs. Cormier for #1 contenders match. Makes sense to me...

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    If both win their respective fights. Then, machida vs. Cormier for #1 contenders match. Makes sense to me...
    I can dig it
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I think some of you are assuming Machida's point based on the title and not what he actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I don't know why he thinks he is in the front of the line.
    Based on his quote, he doesn't. At all. He specifically mentions Texiera and Davis being near the top as well. He doesn't mention being at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    By the time those things happen, Machida could have made a real case for a title shot, but until then he should calm down.
    His only point is that someone should have at least ONE significant win in a division before being declared the top contender in that division and earning a title shot. Do you disagree with that minimal standard?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    my point is that he lost his title shot. he should understand that other guys in the division will get title shots ahead of him considering he had one TWO fights ago, got choked out cold, and his last fight was a controversial split decision.
    HIS point is that he DOES understand that other guys in the division may get title shots ahead of him, but that he doesn't think guys OUTSIDE the division should get one.

I'm not saying Machida should get the next shot.
    I'm not saying DC shouldn't get the next shot.
    I'm not saying you can't disagree with Machida saying someone should have one significant win in a division before getting the shot.

I'm just saying if you ARE going to disagree with him, disagree with the actual point he made, not something he didn't even say.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    His only point is that someone should have at least ONE significant win in a division before being declared the top contender in that division and earning a title shot. Do you disagree with that minimal standard?
    I do. Perfect example is BJ Penn winning the welterweight title despite not fighting at that weight before. If you're a good fighter, you can get a title fight.

I'd rather see Cormier than Machida. Too many of Machida's fights end up being boring. As we all know rankings aren't all that they go by for making fights.

Also, as someone said before Machida had his chance to take a fight. And someone earlier said it was the smart move not to due to shortened time. But yet when Jones did the same thing he caught all kinds of crap....hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trustym2 View Post
    If you're a good fighter, you can get a title fight.
    If you're a good fighter in the division that you've proven yourself to be a good fighter, you deserve a title shot.

I'd rather see Cormier than Machida. Too many of Machida's fights end up being boring.
    Did you see Cormier vs Mir? Both Cormier and Machida have proven that they're capable of showing an impressive KO, but both have also shown conservative and boring game plans.

Also, as someone said before Machida had his chance to take a fight. And someone earlier said it was the smart move not to due to shortened time. But yet when Jones did the same thing he caught all kinds of crap....hmmm.
    Jones is the champion and had a full training camp and turned down what I would consider to be a lesser opponent. He caught all kinds of crap because the show was cancelled because he didn't accept several fights that were offered to him. I don't think you can really compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I think some of you are assuming Machida's point based on the title and not what he actually said.

Based on his quote, he doesn't. At all. He specifically mentions Texiera and Davis being near the top as well. He doesn't mention being at the front.

HIS point is that he DOES understand that other guys in the division may get title shots ahead of him, but that he doesn't think guys OUTSIDE the division should get one.

I'm not saying Machida should get the next shot.
    I'm not saying DC shouldn't get the next shot.
    I'm not saying you can't disagree with Machida saying someone should have one significant win in a division before getting the shot.

I'm just saying if you ARE going to disagree with him, disagree with the actual point he made, not something he didn't even say.
    you arent getting my point. machida shouldnt talk he doesnt deserve a shot yet, he didnt deserve one after bader he was given it by default its not as if he worked so hard to climb his way back up for a rematch thats now being robbed from him like what is happening to ricardo lamas.

Don't know about fair, but I believe after a fight with DC you'll find Jones in the parking lot cause he's gonna cry in the car!
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Whining about Machida not taking a short notice title shot against a guy he lost to is just as stupid. Cormier should definitely get at least one fight at lhw to test his cut down. Oh and he also destroyed Bader in a way Glover most likely won't even come to doing. Hell, he'll probably not even destroy him.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    you arent getting my point. machida shouldnt talk he doesnt deserve a shot yet, he didnt deserve one after bader he was given it by default its not as if he worked so hard to climb his way back up for a rematch thats now being robbed from him like what is happening to ricardo lamas.
    So Machida doesn't have a point then ? It's ok for Cormier just to drop weight classes and get an immediate title shot ?

Thread Information