+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Kennedy says he's fighting Vitor Belfort on upcoming UFC show in Brazil

Default Tim Kennedy says he's fighting Vitor Belfort on upcoming UFC show in Brazil

Tim Kennedy (16-4 MMA, 1-0 UFC) on Friday said he'll be fighting Belfort (23-10 MMA, 12-6 UFC) on an upcoming UFC card in Belfort's home country of Brazil.

Kennedy made the declaration on his official Twitter account. Although the UFC hasn't made an official announcement of the fight booking, UFC President Dana White told MMAFighting.com the bout was being put together.

Kennedy didn't say when the bout would take place. The UFC has two announced upcoming cards in Brazil. UFC 163 takes place next week in Rio de Janeiro, and UFC Fight Night 28 takes place Sept. 4 in Belo Horizonte. Both of those cards are full, so it's likely the fight would head to a show later this fall.
    http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...show-in-brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

How does Kennedy deserve this fight? He's not top 15.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

if true this is some BULLSHIT im starting to feel bad for vitor kennedy is clearly a step down from rockhold and bisping.

I get that it's a big opportunity for Kennedy, but I don't think he deserves a fight like this just yet.

I keep trying to think of other people to face him, and the only one that comes to mind that isn't booked right now is Francis Carmont. That makes more sense ranking-wise. Costa Philippou would be a better candidate to face Belfort, but he doesn't want to fight him in Brazil.

If Belfort does fight Kennedy, Vitor gets another KO.

Kennedy's punishment for talking negatively about fighters' pay?

Didn't Dana say that Vitor's next fight wouldn't be in Brazil, concerning the discussion of his TRT exemptions in the States?

Conspiracy theorists want to know...

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I get that it's a big opportunity for Kennedy, but I don't think he deserves a fight like this just yet.

I keep trying to think of other people to face him, and the only one that comes to mind that isn't booked right now is Francis Carmont. That makes more sense ranking-wise. Costa Philippou would be a better candidate to face Belfort, but he doesn't want to fight him in Brazil.

If Belfort does fight Kennedy, Vitor gets another KO.
    phillippou said he doesnt want to but i dont think he said he wont, i guess you right though. maybe munoz? if hes not too hurt from his last fight he seems pretty eager to get back out there.

Probably just a fight to keep Vitor active til he gets a chance to fight the Weidman/Silva winner. Keeps Vitor on a win streak (most likely) and fills in a slot on a card in Brazil with a hometown name.

8. 07-27-2013, 07:01 AM

Meh, I like watching Vitor get a good KO. I expect more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    phillippou said he doesnt want to but i dont think he said he wont, i guess you right though. maybe munoz? if hes not too hurt from his last fight he seems pretty eager to get back out there.
    I'd like Munoz/Belfort. That would be a damn good matchup.

So Kennedy's willing to fight in Brazil, where he knows Vitor will have the home field "advantage" on his side? I wouldn't blame any fighter for turning down that offer, and some have admitted so publicly (Phillippou).

Tim Kennedy's got some big ol' balls, but too bad them balls don't pump out enough testosterone to match Vitor's levels.

I think Zuffa should book the hospital suite for Tim in advance.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information