Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tim Kennedy says he's fighting Vitor Belfort on upcoming UFC show in Brazil

Did not expect this at all. Smells like they might be prepping Vitor for a shot against Weidman if he beats Anderson again.

I actually enjoy this fight. I've always been a Vitor fan and love seeing him destroy guys. I am a fan of Tim though as well. I expect Vitor to win it, especially in Brazil, but could you imagine if Kennedy pulled off an upset? Very doubtful but I'm happy with whoever wins it.

This is just Vitor vs Rockhold all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Probably just a fight to keep Vitor active til he gets a chance to fight the Weidman/Silva winner. Keeps Vitor on a win streak (most likely) and fills in a slot on a card in Brazil with a hometown name.
    I completely agree. I don't think Vitor is getting a step down so much as he's getting a filler fight while the belt is contested. Assuming Vitor wins and we don't see Weidman/Silva III, I think Vitor will be the next to get a shot.

That said, this isn't a lock. Kennedy has the grappling and cardio. Though it seems like Vitor 2.0 has improved TDD and cardio.

Feels like a placeholder fight. Considering the fight would be in Brazil, I wonder if this is an issue of bigger name fighters not wanting to deal with Vitor in Brazil?

I know Consta was looking/waiting for a next match-up and feels like a far more reasonable matchup ranking-wise, but it would also be a bigger risk of Vitor losing steam. The only other MWs of note that are available for Vitor would be Belcher(who's coming off 2 straight losses and I think may be on the shelf still with the eye injury) or Cung(who I think is shooting a movie).

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-preside...rks-for-brazil
    UFC President Dana White Confirms Tim Kennedy vs. Vitor Belfort in the Works for Brazil
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

dimerules28 Guest

Just read something about Vitor not taking this fight. If true thats fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Just read something about Vitor not taking this fight. If true thats fucked up.

Lmao EVERYTHING'S *wink wink* in his favor would be dumb to turn it down.

Vitor is going to kill him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information