http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/07/...hed-the-fight/

UFC welterweight Rory MacDonald didn’t win over any new fans last night with his effective but passive approach to opponent Jake Ellenberger at UFC on FOX 8. However, don’t expect MacDonald to hang his head low based on boos he drew from fans in attendance or criticism unleashed on the internet. Rather, the 24-year old was happy with his performance because it was ultimately a winning one.

“I did everything I had to do. I don’t really make a game plan. I react to what I see. Tonight I saw a power puncher who I kept on the outside with the jab and he wouldn’t engage me,” said MacDonald in an interview with Fuel TV after the event. “At the end of the fight I got him on his back, which was a dangerous position. Another 30 seconds and I could have finished the fight.”
With the win – his fifth straight – the 15-1 fighter likely positioned himself for a title-shot in the immediate future. That being said, MacDonald went on to dismiss recent comments from UFC President Dana White assuring the public “Ares” would swallow his personal admiration for friend/mentor Georges St-Pierre if necessary to earn divisional gold.

“I won’t fight Georges. We’ll come to an alternative if it comes to it. I want the belt by the time I’m 25. But I don’t want to fight Georges,” MacDonald stated firmly. “I’d like to fight a Top 10 or a Top 5 fighter. I’d like to fight Carlos Condit again.”
MacDonald and Condit were expected to meet earlier this year before an injury laid the bout to waste. The two met in 2010 where “The Natural Born Killer” pulled out a last-second strike-based stoppage to avoid a likely decision loss to the talented youngster.