+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayhem Miller calls for end of UFC fan support; says 'Dana White has killed the sport

1. Default Mayhem Miller calls for end of UFC fan support; says 'Dana White has killed the sport

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/28...e-killed-sport

The story of Jason "Mayhem" Miller's last several years is an interesting one. Once seemingly set to be one of the cornerstones of Strikeforce's programming, with "Bully Beatdown" playing regularly on MTV, he ended up as the fall guy for the infamous Nashville Brawl on CBS. While he did play a role in how things went down, it was others (Diaz brothers) who turned his "invading Jake Shields' moment" into televised assault.

Mayhem would eventually work his way over to the UFC, where he'd be given the opportunity to coach The Ultimate Fighter opposite Michael Bisping. Bisping would trounce Miller in their eventual fight, a loss to CB Dollaway in the follow up was Miller's last.

A few months later, Miller got into a heated Twitter exchange with Dana White in which both men insulted the other before things cooled down. Then, two days after the Twitter exchange, Miller was arrested when he was found nude by police afterallegedly breaking into a church and vandalizing it, charges which were later dropped.

Miller went on The MMA Hour in October of 2012 and refused to break characterfrom the "personality" he played in Here Comes The Boom, a role which included somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 minutes of screen time. He then stormed off the set after Ariel Helwani couldn't get him to calm down. He'd make it up to Ariel by giving him a long interview walking through Central Park, during which he claimed that the UFC refused to pay for him to get a knee surgery after blowing out his ACL during the Dollaway fight.

Mayhem has been out of the spotlight for the most part, though he does occasionally take shots at White on Twitter.

Now, in the wake of UFC on Fox 8, Miller has called for MMA fans to boycott the UFC with an impassioned post on The Underground:

Dana White has killed the sport that you and i love. The refusal to build stars. The reward for standing and wanging. THE UNIFIED RULES, have all killed the sport of mixed martial arts. I come to you humbly, as a student and teacher of the mixed martial arts. A man that has never tapped out, or been knocked out in mixed martial arts competition and ask that you do not support a corporate monarchy that favors a mark in the Win column, over showcasing the ART of MMA.

Obviously, it behooves those with an interest in gambling on Ultimate Fighting to know who will most likely win and most likely lose a UFC match, so the current structure will remain until YOU, the Fan demand that these forces stop controlling Mixed Martial Arts.

I am Mayhem Miller, so i am well aware of what it is like to live on the opposite end of the coorporate power structure, with a lifetime record of 52-8-1 and a UFC record of 0-3. The men in UFC were never stronger than men i fought around the World, just the circumstances in which i fought them were more Extreme.

As a fan. I urge you...

When the next Big Thing hits, jump aboard-because with PPV sales slipping since 2009, and the executives at Fox watching these boring fights, if you are still a Dana shill, you are polishing the brass on the Cubicle Captain's Titanic. Don't let him kill our sport. I love it too much.

Sincerely,

The Mayhem Monkey

Jason Mayhem Miller
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

what an idiot

I am Mayhem Miller, so i am well aware of what it is like to live on the opposite end of the coorporate power structure, with a lifetime record of 52-8-1 and a UFC record of 0-3. The men in UFC were never stronger than men i fought around the World, just the circumstances in which i fought them were more Extreme.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

28–9 (1)

Someone needs lithium.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

28–9 (1)

Someone needs lithium.
    yea and he said ppv buys slipping since 09 when in 2010-2011 is when ppv buys were at an all time high.

Nothing is that letter is sensible.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Mayhem Miller calls for end of fan support of himself.

I did not understand at all what exactly he wants.

The fact that Dana is a scumbag and in some ways has done a lot of damage to MMA is something that everybody already knows, but for good or for bad, UFC is today the most popular organization in the world and will continue to be it for a long time.
    If it is not the UFC, then almost no one is going to know about MMA.

Because casual people do not watch Bellattor or ONE FC.
    If people indeed stop supporting the UFC, then MMA for sure will die. Because unfortunately today there is no one single organization who can be competitive with the UFC in terms of money and popularity.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

what a fruitcake

Miller needs help for fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Mayhem Miller calls for end of fan support of himself.
    I was gonna say the exact same thing.
    "Anger causes many things, baldness, impotence, waking up in the middle of the night with your hands covered in blood and you don’t know what happened. Hey, I’ve been around.” - Bas Rutten (GTA 4)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information