Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White rips Viacom/Bellator: 'They have no f--- clue what they're doing'

Default White rips Viacom/Bellator: 'They have no f--- clue what they're doing'

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/28...t-theyre-doing

"They have no f--- clue what they're doing," White told reporters Saturday night. "When they're in this business, right, and things are going well, you start grabbing for anything. You have a bunch of guys who don't know anything about fighting at the network. Networks acquire content. They don't become promoters."

Bellator is considering a Jackson-Jones fight as a potential pay-per-view debut. To which White basically says, "good luck."

"Nobody wants to watch them on free TV," White said. "They're pulling terrible ratings. If they want to get into the pay-per-view business, get ready to lose some money boys. Real money."

White, of course, had his own meeting with Jones prior to UFC 162. Anderson Silva had expressed a longstanding interest in boxing Jones, but those plans went out the window with Silva's upset loss to Chris Weidman.

"If they want to get Roy Jones, it's going to cost them a ton of money," White said. "And maybe they get it, but at the end of the day, how many buys do you think that fight does? I don't know what kind of deal they're going to come up with with the cable systems, but, they're grabbing for whatever they can get, you know what I mean? I hate to smash these guys because I still like some of the people over there. And there's some of the people I don't like.

"The big problem I have is, they're just copying," White continued. "There's no, they don't have anything original over there. Their reality show is a ripoff of The Voice and The Ultimate Fighter. It's, I can't believe The Voice hasn't sued them yet. They're just reaching, they're grabbing."

dana didn't want to do The Ultimate Fighter when it was first pitched. He was overruled by the Fertittas. It's not as though he knew what he was doing at that point in his career, either.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

I'm becoming one of those people who shudders when DW opens his mouth. This is just petty; there's no reason to insult their content.

And, frankly, I love the Bellator tournament format and think it's great that we have that alongside non-tourney promotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Actually their tournament is great. Fightmaster is decent. No drama (that I've seen so far). Sometimes I wonder if DW is saying this crap because he's a little worried about other companies moving up. Maybe he knows a little something we don't

Anyone expecting a non-biased analysis from Dana White should also consider investing in some magic beans.....fortunately I have some for sale if anyone's interested.

Dana White is correct about one thing though, Viacom does not breath MMA the way the UFC does. Dana White and Vince McMahon have that in common. They bleed their business. That can be a good and bad thing, but mostly a good thing when you look at where both companies are in their respective areas of entertainment. Passion and Business sense goes a long way, maybe a bit of greed, megalomania and ruthlessness sprinkled in helps too.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Anyone expecting a non-biased analysis from Dana White should also consider investing in some magic beans.....fortunately I have some for sale if anyone's interested.

Dana White is correct about one thing though, Viacom does not breath MMA the way the UFC does. Dana White and Vince McMahon have that in common. They bleed their business. That can be a good and bad thing, but mostly a good thing when you look at where both companies are in their respective areas of entertainment. Passion and Business sense goes a long way, maybe a bit of greed, megalomania and ruthlessness sprinkled in helps too.....
    What kind of magic does said beans posses? I think I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    dana didn't want to do The Ultimate Fighter when it was first pitched. He was overruled by the Fertittas. It's not as though he knew what he was doing at that point in his career, either.

rh
    dana also was very anti kimbo and women in the ufc...that didnt exactly last.

also dana is just saying random shit here, bellator is not getting "horrible" ratings, fight master is pulling numbers similar to TUF has in its more lackluster seasons. So dana is essentially insulting his own product as well.

it is the summer...remember last summer when everyone was bugging about ufx ratings goign down? and now they are down again. bellator is not nearly as bad off as dana is pretending they are.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 07-29-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    Lol, I didn't know that. Dana always acts like TUF is his baby.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

"The big problem I have is, they're just copying," White continued. "There's no, they don't have anything original over there
    I do not see the UFC or any other org making tournaments like Bellator is doing.

But it is Dana who is babbling here, we can not expect anything other than haterade coming out of his mouth.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

The fact is, Dana would not be talking about Bellator if they were not becoming a threat.

Just a couple years ago, Dana made a point of telling the fans how he had no problems with Bellator and now he shit talks them any chance he gets.

Thread Information