+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Daley open to UFC return after president Dana White expresses doubts

Default Paul Daley open to UFC return after president Dana White expresses doubts

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...presses-doubts

"I thought he hated this place," White said when he was asked Saturday whether he was interested in the fighter. "I don't know, man. I don't think so."

Daley, who this past week was released by Bellator MMA, took to Facebook soon after to erase any doubts of his desire to return to the promotion.

"Given the opportunity Dana, I would be right back in there, please just send me that contract," he wrote.

White, however, is skeptical.

"I heard he couldn't get a visa," he said of the English fighter. "And they're real strict here now on visas. I thought he hated the UFC and said he'd never want to come back here and never wanted to fight here again. What changed?"

For one, Daley (33-12-2) is a free agent. A Bellator rep said the promotion released the fighter when it was discovered that he was convicted of assaulting a police officer rather than cleared of charges, as he had previously stated.

Three years ago, White released Daley from his contract for assault of another variety – an illegal suckerpunch to Josh Koscheck after the final bell rang in their fight at UFC 113. (Daley was also given a 30-day suspension by the commission overseeing the bout.)

For a while, it looked like the hard-swinging fighter would never be back inside the octagon.

"I know there's a lot of people that are fans," White said three months after the incident in August 2010. "Dude, that was one of the – I don't even know how to put a word on what that kid did."

White also took note when Daley said he was doing just fine without the promotion.

Later, though, the executive seemed to soften his stance on Daley.

"Any guy who loses in the UFC or other promotions, you lose, and you go get some wins somewhere else and come back," he said more than one year later. "I'm not a fan, to be honest."

That, of course, was when Daley was 2-2 in a four-fight stretch and had lost a bid for the Zuffa-owned and now-defunct Strikeforce welterweight title. As of late, Daley has won his past four bouts, all by way of TKO or KO, though he's faced sub-UFC competition.

White wasn't aware of that fact when asked whether he might take another look at Daley. That could change things, or maybe not. Daley's style likely won't keep him on the shelf for too long.

"People will always want to see him, wherever he goes," his manager, Wad Alameddine, told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "Whether relies he on that a bit too much for my liking is one thing, but wherever he goes, he'll keep doing what he's doing, and keep knocking people out."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I completely forgot about Daley since he got fired. Yea, I'm gonna have to say that I don't care to see him back in the UFC.

Everyone deserves a second chance. So now's my second chance to say piss off to that POS.

...who?

They've had fighters like Stephens, Rampage, Rumble and Neer with some pretty colourful legal issues under contract, Tito has had his arrests before and they've brought in names like Yvel who've got equally sketchy reputations. If he can get a work visa and acts genuinely remorseful, I'd give him another shot since he's exciting.

Hahaha, same old Dana White. From a "I do not give a fuck if he becomes the p4p best fighter in the world, he will never ever be back in the UFC" to a "Aaamm I do not know, I am not a fan but who knows? I thought that he did not liked the UFC, but he actually does, we'll see". And in few months it will be "Listen, we all make mistakes and we all deserve a second chance, this kid is so fucking talented, if morons do not like that he is back, then fuck them, do not watch his fights"
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Bring back Semtex.
    Not to say what he did against Koscheck was a good thing, but everybody hates Koscheck anyways.
    Daley is currently my favorite fighter outside of the UFC. I always try to see his fights when I hear about them.
    Yes, he's been fighting less than par competition but it's nice watching all those great KO's.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I don't care where he fights as long as I can see it! Would love to see daily vs Robbie lawler.

9. Default

I would love to see semtex back. His issue is that in the UFCat 170 not many will stand with him. So He knocks them the fuck out on their way in or he gets UD

Fuck Paul Daley...

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information