Thread: With a win over Rousey, UFC's Miesha Tate would want 'Cyborg' to drop to 135

Default With a win over Rousey, UFC's Miesha Tate would want 'Cyborg' to drop to 135

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...to-drop-to-135

The logical follow-up to that possibility, which was broached on Friday during a Q&A session with Tate at KeyArena in Seattle, is what would happen if Tate (13-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is able to pull off the upset.

Rousey is a huge favorite to win the fight, with early lines making her an 11-1 favorite. But Tate said she's calling in a decorated judo player to help prepare her for the grappling skills of "Rowdy." Besides, upsets are all too common when people start to make fights before they could potentially happen.

Tate, though, said she's willing to entertain the idea. That's provided that Justino meets the same criteria issued by Rousey, who might have fought the virtually undefeated Brazilian had weight and money not gotten in the way.

"I think a true fighter is down to fight anybody," Tate said. "I know that would be a big challenge, but fighting Ronda is a big challenge. I think everybody is super tough.

"The chance to go in there and be the [second] person to beat 'Cyborg' would be worth it. I would for sure take the fight, but I would prefer her to come down (in weight) to fight.

"I would definitely want her to come down because I don't walk much above 135 (pounds), and she's already got a huge strength advantage. So that would be fair, in my opinion."

While Tate's request is reasonable, the parties negotiating Justino's contract may not see it that way. Her most prominent manager, UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz, recently hinted that Justino may actually go up a weight class to lightweight rather than down to bantamweight. He said the fighter had an extremely difficult weight cut for her most recent fight, which took place earlier this month at Invicta FC 6 and ended with a fourth-round TKO win over veteran Marloes Coenen.

Then there's the issue of working out a contract that would allow her to fight with Invicta FC's blessing, which might not be excited to let go one of its most marketable fighters. Ortiz already rejected one offer from the UFC.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Damn she looks great in that picture and it would be such a shame for Cyborg to deconstruct that face.
    [CENTER]"The time is almost upon us....
    I will remake this pathetic orb in my image, and then the stars."
    Apocalypse

First of all she will lose to Rousey again, secondly Cyborg will not drop to 135, thirdly Cyborg would smash her really badly.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    First of all she will lose to Rousey again, secondly Cyborg will not drop to 135, thirdly Cyborg would smash her really badly.
    Cyborg was talking Ronda at135 after her defeat of Marloes so I dont see why she would not do it to meet Tate at 135 in the UFC. With that said, Cyborg beats Tate's ass all over the octagon.

Ronda is going to snap her other arm so it doesn't really matter, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

7. Default

to Tate,

You need to protect you arm and do not look past Rowdy.
    /thread

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    I 2nd that plus we've already seen Cyborg does not want to fight at 135 # So the call out is mearly chicken shit move by Tate
    The logical follow-up to that possibility, which was broached on Friday during a Q&A session with Tate at KeyArena in Seattle, is what would happen if Tate (13-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) is able to pull off the upset.
    Answering a fan question is not what you portray it to be.

Thread Information