Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Glover Teixeira is the guy to beat light heavyweight champion Jon Jones

  1. Default

    The one with the biggest chance to beat Jones is Jones. If he lets the belt/hype go to his head and pulls a Anderson any of them can be beat him. It's a very hard thing to bring your A game over and over when your on top to many side distractions.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,407

    Default

    I agree, Glover is the fucking man.
    Fedor Emelianenko is the Greatest P4P MMA fighter to ever walk the earth, hands down.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    ...of course you don't
    Has history shown otherwise? No? Cool, glad we were able to figure that out as a team.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Inside Your Mind
    Posts
    845

    Default

    I see Jones beating Glover maybe 8 times out of ten. I would not be surprised at all to see Glover armbar him in an early round though

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    3,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Has history shown otherwise? No? Cool, glad we were able to figure that out as a team.
    ...Yeah, because you aren't biased or anything. Glover has as many consecutive wins as Jones has fights, and 18 of his 21 wins have been stoppages. I get that you're very fond of hugging Jon Jones' nuts and all but he's not invincible, and he's never faced a guy like Teixeira.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,501

    Default

    And in comparison, Glover hasn't fought ANYBODY short of a completely depleted Rampage.

    5 former champions and 2 (maybe 3) hall of fame-worthy fighters in the lot.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,110

    Default

    The first two rounds or so of a Jones/Teixeira fight would be rough for Jones IMO, because Tex will definitely look to touch up his chin, and range can only work so long if Glover choses to wade in. Glover's standup will be patient and search for openings and I'm not too sure if Jones wants to risk going to the ground with Glover, who has great grappling and quicksand submissions. Jones has the cardio edge and alot of size on Glover, but I always get the feeling that the complexion of a Jones fight will change drastically once he gets seriously cracked, which so far, he hasn't really been. Glover has the ability to touch his chin and potentially change the game.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area.
    Posts
    14,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    And in comparison, Glover hasn't fought ANYBODY short of a completely depleted Rampage.

    5 former champions and 2 (maybe 3) hall of fame-worthy fighters in the lot.
    I'd keep in mind though, since joining the UFC, not many of LHWs want anything to do with Glover and many guys have turned down fights with him. That said, I'm a Glover mark.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    ...Yeah, because you aren't biased or anything. Glover has as many consecutive wins as Jones has fights, and 18 of his 21 wins have been stoppages. I get that you're very fond of hugging Jon Jones' nuts and all but he's not invincible, and he's never faced a guy like Teixeira.
    *sigh*

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    And in comparison, Glover hasn't fought ANYBODY short of a completely depleted Rampage.

    5 former champions and 2 (maybe 3) hall of fame-worthy fighters in the lot.
    SimpleJack took the words out of my mouth. I get it though - wins over Kingsbury, Maldonado, old man Rampage and James Te Huna screams Jon Jones worthy right? *Sarcasm*

    The fact that you even made the statement of "and hes never faced a guy like Teixeira" is just laughable. Its the other way around - he (Teixeira) has never faught a guy like Jones - not even close, the two arent even in the same universe.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The fact that you even made the statement of "and hes never faced a guy like Teixeira" is just laughable. Its the other way around - he (Teixeira) has never faught a guy like Jones - not even close, the two arent even in the same universe.
    FE is right, Jones has never faced a guy like Teixeira. Glover will be the most decorated BJJ guy Jones will have faced. Jones has never fought against an opponenst with a 2nd degree black belt in BJJ.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •