Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edson Barboza turns down fight with Rustam Khabilov

Default Edson Barboza turns down fight with Rustam Khabilov

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/29...bilov-mma-news

Before it even got a chance to make headlines a fight between Rustam Khabilov and Edson Barboza has been scrapped. While no specific details were given, Khabilov's camp is placing the blame firmly on Barboza. MMABoxing.ru has the story:

Rustam Khabilov agreed to a fight against Edson Barboza at UFC 166, but the Brazilian's camp has refused to fight with the Russian and asks UFC give him another opponent.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

wow! he is in no place to be turning down fights he isnt even a contender!

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    wow! he is in no place to be turning down fights he isnt even a contender!
    contenders shouldnt be turning down fights either. No one should be turning down fights.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 07-30-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    contenders should be turning down fights either. No one should be turning down fights.
    i totally agree but at least they can say they trying to preserve a title shot barboza is in the 3rd tier of the division at best.

i totally agree but at least they can say they trying to preserve a title shot barboza is in the 3rd tier of the division at best.
    I disagree. Although I don't think anyone should be turning down fights, Barboza is an animal. I wouldn't call him 3rd tier at all. Another good fight or two and I could even see him breaking the top 10. He's 6-1 in the UFC with 4 finishes including this...

...with that said, Khabilov is an animal in his own right. I'd love to see that fight and I'm a bit disappointed that it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

6. Default

Rustam Khabilov is a future champ and would have ragdolled Barboza

Edson did nt want to get slamed on his head

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    I disagree. Although I don't think anyone should be turning down fights, Barboza is an animal. I wouldn't call him 3rd tier at all. Another good fight or two and I could even see him breaking the top 10. He's 6-1 in the UFC with 4 finishes including this...

...with that said, Khabilov is an animal in his own right. I'd love to see that fight and I'm a bit disappointed that it won't happen.
    That was one awesome knockout that was late ina very lackluster fight against a fight against a guy who isnt top 15.

he barely won a split decision against pearson, again not a top guy and knocked the fuck out by jamie varner only a year ago.

since then hes beat up on two cans not to take anything away from that but he has shown nothing to me to show he belongs in the discussion with the guys at the top

This fight wouldn't favour Barboza at all not surprised the didn't want to take it

if this is true then i think it's b.s. that edson / edson's camp turned down the fight... does the UFC have any type of recourse for fighters who refuse fights? what can they do? just bench edson for a long time?
    lemme touch your feet

That was one awesome knockout that was late ina very lackluster fight against a fight against a guy who isnt top 15.

he barely won a split decision against pearson, again not a top guy and knocked the fuck out by jamie varner only a year ago.

since then hes beat up on two cans not to take anything away from that but he has shown nothing to me to show he belongs in the discussion with the guys at the top
    I would say he's earned a step up in competition. I'd like to see him take the winner of Dos Anjos vs Cerrone. A fight with Khabilov is a no win scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information