Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UFC 167's Johny Hendricks: When I'm in there, my goal is to break someone's jaw

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I think you might be down playing how big wrestling really is.
    I think maybe he is not down playing it but instead does not understand. We (Canadians) do not have anything at all like what you (Americans) do when it comes to wrestling programs in high school or post secondary.

And for Bones.. you keep compairing things to the Stanley Cup like these Americans are going to be as impressed as us Canadians are by hockey finals .
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

We've heard this story so many times when it comes to guys fighting George. Don't get me wrong though Hendricks has some impressive knockouts and most impressive was his fight with Carlos Condit. That fight also shows that Johnny can hit you flush and that it doesn't promise a knockout. Carlos took a few flush punches and kept coming. I believe if George can take a shin to the head and survive he can take a Hendricks punch and survive.

If George can get an early takedown and inflict some damage on the ground that will certainly help the tide stay in George's favor. Hendricks is pretty wild and raw with his power. He certainly isn't a technically crisp guy (standup) and I think that's where George's jab game can be effective.

George will retain his belt via UD and Johnny can join the groups of Koscheck and Alves in the "he'll knock him out" club.

Georges St-Pierre hints at his own superfight plans
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/31...wn-superfight-

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

4. Default

I was going to start trolling and decided agianest it.

But the thread is showing who has combat sport knowledge and who--well watches the UFC while drunk and listens to Joe Rogan.

I don't see Johny winning this. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it happening. His striking is powerful, but he's not as technical as Georges. St. Pierre may have lost a step, but he's still sporting more than 6" length advantage and has far better footwork than Hendricks. He takes better angles, he's far more versatile and has infinitely better combinations, and I believe he's still more mobile even if he's not at his peak.

If Johny has any significant chance here, it's going to happen via stoppage in the first two rounds. I'm still not convinced Hendricks beat Koscheck at all, but if you look at both the Kos and the Condit fights, Johny is faded by the third. If the Condit fight were a 5 rounder, I think Carlos wins it. I think the championship rounds are going to play a huge role in a great fight, but ultimately I think we'll see Georges stick to using an enormous length advantage to enact the peck-and-run conservative style that he's perfected; if he can weather an early storm from Hendricks, Georges will have his timing figured out as Johny starts to fade. The 4th and 5th will be the Georges St. Pierre show, and Hendricks won't look good after the fight.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

6. Default

I'm afraid I have to agree with rh as GSP is able to follow a game plan very well. So I see a well exicuted game plan that makes Johny look like he's flat and a bad day for him.

Thread Information