Thread: Rashad Evans: 'I won't fight Vitor Belfort' or any other training partners

1. Default Rashad Evans: 'I won't fight Vitor Belfort' or any other training partners

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/1/457...ackzilians-mma

It looks like Vitor Belfort isn’t the only one turning down fights.

Rashad Evans emphatically dismissed Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White's idea that he and Belfort go toe-to-toe after the outspoken Las Vegas, Nevada,-based mixed martial arts (MMA) boss suggested the fight because "The Phenom" wasn't interested in a Middleweight bout against Strikeforce import Tim Kennedy.

"Suga" and Belfort are both members of "The Blackzilians," forging a bond that isn't worth losing over a 15-minute match inside the Octagon. That's because, according to the former UFC Light Heavyweight champion, it's a tumultuous road he doesn't want to navigate again after the Jon Jones fallout.

He explained (via ESPN):

"I won't fight Vitor, I won't fight Thiago Silva. I won't fight Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira. I won't fight anybody who I train with! I made that mistake before, and I won't do that again. I lost a lot of relationships because I did that before."
    After vowing to never fight one another, Evans and Jones -- who were former Jackson-Winkeljohn stablemates -- eventually found themselves locked inside the Octagon at UFC 145 after "Bones" had a sudden change of heart.

It was dramatic situation, with Evans taking is as a personal attack and going out of his way to alert fight fans that Jones was nothing more than a "fraud and a fake." Jones went on to defeat Evans via unanimous decision, but the spirited competition never healed their fractured relationship

Lesson learned.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

He's fought a teammate before, it drastically altered his career. I give him a pass if he wants to avoid fighting teammates in the future.

Thread Information