+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ian McCall: If I Lose at UFC 163, I Deserve Pink Slip

Default Ian McCall: If I Lose at UFC 163, I Deserve Pink Slip

Ian McCall: If I Lose at UFC 163, I Deserve Pink Slip
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Ian...ink-Slip-54237

“If I lose this fight, I deserve a pink slip,” McCall told the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show. “That’s just how it goes. I haven’t performed. I haven’t won yet. That’s how this sport is. It’s performance-based. I get it.”

McCall is scheduled to meet Iliarde Santos in a prelim bout. The 32-year-old Brazilian suffered a knockout loss to Iuri Alcantara in his UFC debut in May but had won six straight before the defeat.

“I know he’s a black belt in jiu-jitsu,” McCall said. “People would think maybe stay away from that, but I wouldn’t mind trying to submit him. I wouldn’t mind proving that I know some jiu-jitsu too. I know I have better wrestling. His wrestling isn’t bad for a Brazilian. It’s not horrendous or anything.”

McCall will enter the bout on a two-fight skid, having lost back-to-back decisions to Demetrious Johnson and Joseph Benavidez. In his UFC debut, he drew with Johnson, who went on to become the UFC flyweight champion. Although some may argue McCall deserved the nod over Johnson in that first bout and therefore deserved a title shot, he’s now facing the possibility of a three-fight losing streak.

Against Santos, he’ll also have to deal with the fact that he’s fighting an opponent in his home country of Brazil. He expects Santos to have plenty of support and to come out swinging.

“He’s going to come out and try to kill me,” McCall said. “He has the old-school Chute Boxe kind of vale tudo style. Hooks, the footwork is very kind of marching forward, trying to really stay in your face and that kind of stuff, but it’s nothing I can’t deal with.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

3. Default

Every time he speaks, I like him more and more.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I don't know how anyone could not like the guy, but he's right (unfortunately)

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Keep calm and creep on...

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

“If I lose this fight, I deserve a pink slip,”

even if something like that is a true statement, saying it openly is rarely a good idea.

Normally yeah 3 losses and your down, but it's not like there is a ton of other guys to take his place at 125 and his losses are against top guys in the division. He's probbaly safe for at least one more fight

McCall has all the tools to be the top guy at flyweight but unfortunately has struggled so far. As others have already stated...its hard not to like the guy. I'll be rooting for him in his next fight.

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell|BJ Penn|Lyoto Machida|Kid Yamamoto|Urijah Faber|Dan Henderson|Daniel Cormier|Anthony Pettis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information