Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC signs German fighter accused of having neo-Nazi ties

Default UFC signs German fighter accused of having neo-Nazi ties

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...neo-Nazi-ties/

The UFC recently signed undefeated German welterweight prospect Benjamin “The Hooligan” Brinsa. However, Brinsa has been repeatedly accused of having various ties to neo-Nazi groups,. While accusations on the Internet hardly constitute proof, they are numerous enough to merit further investigation.

If Brinsa does indeed have a neo-Nazi tinged past but has turned his life around, he should be given every opportunity to move forward. If the allegations are entirely false, Brinsa is owed abject apologies by many. If the beliefs and associatons remain, he would be a problematic figure to represent the sport in Germany, particularly as it remains to controversial there.

The allegations are various, including:
    •Brinsa is or was a member of the Leipzig-based hooligan group Scenario LOK;
    •Brinsa’s MMA team, La Familia, has connections to the local Neo-Nazi scene;
    •Brinsa used to help run a mail-order service for Neo-Nazi rock music.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Bet he gets cut before his first fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Just think back to the major heat that SF got for having a scumbag like Brandon Saling fight on the prelims of a card....yeah, they're going to cut and run in 3...2...1...

Neo-Nazis need jobs too.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Are these allegations linked to a crime? Does he have a criminal record? Does he have brown pri--- white pride stamped on his body?

Really, this guys actions and how he handles himself should define if he has a job in the UFC or not. Not allegations and 'maybe's'. However, if he does have a criminal record and/or acts like a POS then he should be bounced.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...neo-Nazi-ties/
    Brinsa's publicist released an unequivocal statement, flatly denying the neo Nazi allegations.

It is with great regret that we had to take notice of allegations made against our fighter Benjamin Brinsa by website Cagepotato.com, accusing him of neo-Nazi views and convictions. Benjamin would like to issue a personal statement regarding the matter:

“I am not a neo-Nazi, never have been, never will be. At no time in my life have I ever made any xenophobic, anti-Semitic or racist statements, either in public or in private. Yes, I do have a past as a football hooligan in my youth, but that is a thing of the past as I have been solely focusing on my professional career for the past couple of years.

"My grappling coach and good friend Marcin Bandel hails from Poland and I have friends from all over the world. Next week, I will join a training camp with fighters from Bosnia, Brazil, Greece, Iraq, Italy, Morocco, Poland, Russia and Tunesia – do you think I had any interest in training with all these non- German athletes if I was a neo-Nazi?

"There is just no place for racism and xenophobia in an international, global sport like MMA.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Neo-Nazis need jobs too.
    Yup he should get an immediate title shot at lhw not ww...
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

the past few years have seen a downturn in neo-nazi bullshit in mma. at least in my vicinity. 10 years ago local shows were chock full of those assholes. the competitive bar having been raised is what seems to have driven them out.

I also saw a guy with a Black Pride Tattoo in one of those MMA documentaries but I guess that is ok. Or Anderson Silva making racist comments is also ok.

Quote Originally Posted by rough-n-tumble View Post
    Are these allegations linked to a crime? Does he have a criminal record? Does he have brown pri--- white pride stamped on his body?

Really, this guys actions and how he handles himself should define if he has a job in the UFC or not. Not allegations and 'maybe's'. However, if he does have a criminal record and/or acts like a POS then he should be bounced.

Looking at who has fought (didn't recognize any names).
    This one is funny, in the picture, they show him with a belt but he is 0-4 in MMA

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mathias-Delf-80402

Thread Information