Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator 97 live discussion

Seriously, the round 2 bell just rang, I sneezed and when my eyes cleared Askren was already on top.

I respect his grappling but I just do not find Askren all that impressive.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cornute View Post
    I respect his grappling but I just do not find Askren all that impressive.
    You know, I enjoy watching him to an extent but really wish he'd look for more submissions, since he's given so many looks to finish fights and just never seems to sink his hooks in for the kill and the subs are there for his taking. For me, I find that extremely frustrating, I don't know if its because he doesn't have the BJJ training yet or just stays the course with his wrestling(which won't really win fans over), but I think he could get more Round 1 submissions if he worked on them more....

Also, while he's utterly dominant, think of what GSP or Condit would do to this kid Askren's fighting. Unfortunately, the BFC WW division isn't really giving Askren the caliber of fighters to really CHALLENGE him. The Hieron fight was the closest thing and he nearly lost. He needs better opponents, which is of course, easier said than done.

I can't stand watching Askren. He's cocky and I hope to god he stands with someone...oh wait he did a bit with Heiron and IMO lost that fight. He has incredible wrestling and I don't see much more out of him...perhaps someday. I've missed all the other fights so far being at work.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    I can't stand watching Askren. He's cocky and I hope to god he stands with someone...oh wait he did a bit with Heiron and IMO lost that fight. He has incredible wrestling and I don't see much more out of him...perhaps someday. I've missed all the other fights so far being at work.
    Gotta love how Bellator digs up some guys who don't train in wrestling to go in there and get humped by him.

Look for as dominant as Askren may be I am utterly confused as to why he cannot finish this fight.
    His punches are pecks the whole round through & no power behind them.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

Ok, I get why the ref stopped the fight but that was trash. He was barely hitting the guy. This reminds me of Hershel Walkers "tko" for hitting the shoulder. Nothing like lobbying the ref to stop the fight eh.
    FW-Hominick
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

HOSS-Bork, you should spend more time brushing up on your MMA history, and less time complementing guys on how young their penises taste.

Only askren can make a tko that underwhelming.

On some levels, it always kinda feels like Askren's trolling the fans and MMA media etc when it goes later in the fight. Gotta think there was an RNC or arm triangle to that exhausted kid.

Askren bored the ref to the point he awarded him a tko victory lol

Thread Information