Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bellator 97 live discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cnlclink View Post
    UGH---this is in response to FG's post --- [QUOTE Soooooo, Chandler/Alvarez II as their PPV co-main? /QUOTE]

That should be the real main not the co...Rampage vs Tito actually made me laugh out loud. Anyway is Alvarez up for the title shot? I think he's not because he hasn't won the tourny. Then again Tito and Rampage are UFC castoffs and Bellator isn't using anyone from the UFC so...
    From what I've been reading, it's super up in the air with all the litigation going on, but you'd think that if it was a possibility, maybe have Chandler or Bjorn tease it at the end. Chandler calling him out wouldn't have hurt and since he's an "independent contractor", I don't know if there'd be legal ramifications there. But I'm betting that has something to do with them not mentioning him...

Bellator should do a Chandler vs Askren superfight just to rub Dana White's nose in the fact that he can't get his top fighters to agree to a superfight. Then after the fight they can declare the winner the greatest pound for pound fighter in MMA history. Troll hard Bellator, troll hard!

I was sticking up and cheering for Askren last night? Haha, man, I was wasted. Miz did me in with some rumplemintz/yager mix shots.

Jokes aside, I like Askren now. His wrestling is incredible to watch, imo, and he looked completely unfazed and bored through that fight. He barely broke a sweat while completely dominating the other guy. I really want to see him fight guys who will challenge him.

Good night of main card fights. I didn't see the rest. Chandler killed that guy.

It's too bad people can't actually see the beauty of what Askren is able to do.

He is literally the stickiest fighter I've ever seen hands down. You cannot get him off of you once he gets ahold.

Last night, he looked like a straight jacket attached to Koreshkov.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

All last night proved and this is a wrestlers world and we all just live in it.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Love to see Askren vs Maia
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Anybody else notice the ref not wearing gloves during the fight? What's up with that?

Missed that part.

Probably figured Askren was just gonna dry-hump his way to a win.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    Missed that part.

Probably figured Askren was just gonna dry-hump his way to a win.
    No it was during the first couple fights.

Important lessons were learned last night. Ben askren has really dominating wrestling and is now finishing people. I enjoyed the performance. We also learned that rumplemin and jaeger is a deadly combo. The waitress also learned that it is important to get a credit card before someone gets belligerent drunk and wonders off.

Thread Information