Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rampage vs Tito Ortiz on November 2nd in Bellator

This is an interesting fight but I don't feel like its a strong enough headliner for a PPV. Both fighters have name value but I think it would of made more sense to have a title fight headline and then make this the co-main event. That way you still have name recognition and your giving a champion more exposure.

Favorite Fighters

Chuck Liddell|BJ Penn|Lyoto Machida|Kid Yamamoto|Urijah Faber|Dan Henderson|Daniel Cormier|Anthony Pettis

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Gas Bag View Post
    I had thought Rampage was going to fight heavyweight. Maybe it'll be a catchweight fight at 220?
    I question this too. They've both fought at LHW for their entire careers. Rampage has openly admitted that he doesn't want to cut weight. I'd be shocked if this fight actually happens at 205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Seems like this is counter to Bjorn saying he doesn't want to build his promotion off of former UFC fighters
    Quote Originally Posted by JustScrap View Post
    This is an interesting fight but I don't feel like its a strong enough headliner for a PPV. Both fighters have name value but I think it would of made more sense to have a title fight headline and then make this the co-main event. That way you still have name recognition and your giving a champion more exposure.
    There's supposed to be a press conference tomorrow to discuss details. Wouldn't be surprised if Bjorn announces that Bellator has every intention of putting Chandler on the card.

I wonder how this announcement will affect negotiations with Eddie Alvarez. It certainly weakens his position that Bellator is bluffing when they (Bellator) say they're capable of promoting PPV events. It definitely puts some pressure back on Eddie's camp.

Would Chandler vs Alvarez II carry enough buzz to be the featured main-event???

I suspect that they're using Tito and Rampage's name value to draw attention to their product. The ultimate goal may be to expose MMA fans already familiar with Tito and Page to Bellator fighters like Chandler, Askren, etc. Maybe they consider it a necessary evil to market these "past their prime" former UFC fighters to build their own brand?

Would they have done a PPV this soon with Chandler as the main event? Or would it have been later next year, say May?

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Tito loses; but only because he has 3 broken backs, 2 fractured skulls and a dislocated pyloric sphincter... I don't even see this being competitive, unless Rampage really shits the bed during his "training" camp.

I get this fight is less than relevant but I think it is a smart move by Bellator.

Arguably the two biggest known 'active' names outside of the UFC. If Bellator insists on getting into PPV, this is a good fight to add to the card.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Rampage bitches and complains the UFC only matches him up with wrestlers - First fight in Bellator is against a wrestler.

*sigh* the fall of bellator begins.

8. Default

I will not buy a PPV to see two fighters well past their prime that means nothing to the lay of the land in MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    I will not buy a PPV to see two fighters well past their prime that means nothing to the lay of the land in MMA.
    this is exactly how i felt when i herd it announced. 7 years ago -thats a completely different story, but at this time in their career i could care less for that fight unless its on spike tv for free. Also with rampage doing TNA and Tito being Tito one can only assume this fight is going to take a Pro Wrestling approach with all kinds of "trash talk" leading up to the fight like there is some sort of beef between the two and it will end in lackluster Main Event that wont make Viacom or Bellator any money after they are done paying the contracts of Tito and Rampage (im assuming they didnt take a pay cut in Bellator) thus this being the beginning of the end for Bellator.

My question is how this affects the Alvarez case, now that they will have "PPV #s" will they try and suggest that its even in the same ballpark as UFC PPVs based off this one card?

I could not stop laughing last night when they announced this.

I agree that they will "put on a show."

Call this fight battle of the paychecks.

Thread Information