Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rampage vs Tito Ortiz on November 2nd in Bellator

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I feel like I'm watching late 90's era WCW when all the old washed up WWF wrestlers went over there to fight.
    So very, very true. Tito almost slipped up and said the UFC and he had to correct himself when saying fighting the best in the world here in ...Bellator.

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Going into this fight, Tito is going to be pretty horrendously banged up, yeah, Tito'll have an excuse, but he's been putting off a couple of surgeries and is just broken down at this juncture of his career with his neck and back surgeries and fusions etc. I genuinely wonder if he'll even make it to the fight without dropping out due to injury.

I'll be quite surprised if they both stay healthy to make it to the PPV, wonder who they'd have as a replacement, Mo or maybe Frank?

This fight has actually got me curious. Not a bad way to get viewers.

I thought the setup of bringing Tito out was great. Having said that;

1) They should have kept Jackson's lines very short
    2) The should have let Tito use the teleprompter (Neither guy can talk trash without sounding goofy)
    3) Both are past their prime which makes this fight not so great

Put Jackson in against *their top guys and it would be a better fight, e.g. Mo, Emanuel. He's lost a lot but still can decently box with power and take some punishment. If Tito can move as he did against Bader then he may put in a few good fights. But I just don't see these two guys putting on a show together. I think they need a hungry fighter who's looking to make a mark at the expense of a vet's name.

Quote Originally Posted by rough-n-tumble View Post
    I thought the setup of bringing Tito out was great. Having said that;

1) They should have kept Jackson's lines very short
    2) The should have let Tito use the teleprompter (Neither guy can talk trash without sounding goofy)
    3) Both are past their prime which makes this fight not so great

Put Jackson in against *their top guys and it would be a better fight, e.g. Mo, Emanuel. He's lost a lot but still can decently box with power and take some punishment. If Tito can move as he did against Bader then he may put in a few good fights. But I just don't see these two guys putting on a show together. I think they need a hungry fighter who's looking to make a mark at the expense of a vet's name.

asides from the hamil fight where he looked like dog shit, all of titos more recent fights have been exciting to me at least. albeit he lost almost all of them(1-7-1 in his last 9 fights) but still fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Rampage bitches and complains the UFC only matches him up with wrestlers - First fight in Bellator is against a wrestler.

*sigh* the fall of bellator begins.

What other big name options did Page have? Besides atleast Tito tries to strike.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information