Thread: White talks Team Rousey's demands, MacDonald vs. Lawler, Daley, Belfort, more

Default White talks Team Rousey's demands, MacDonald vs. Lawler, Daley, Belfort, more

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/7/31...eight-mma-news
    Dana White wants Rory MacDonald to face Robbie Lawler next
    UFC president Dana White says he'd like to see Lawler and MacDonald meet each other next. When asked about the future of Rory following the UFC World Tour press conference in New York on Wednesday, White told Ariel Helwani, "Thinkin' about doing Rory, Robbie Lawler."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/31...s-lawler-daley

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre discusses the UFC world tour, if he's ducked Johny Hendricks in the past, Rory MacDonald's performance at UFC on FOX 8, potential superfights on the horizon
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

That doesn't end well for Lawler. It'd be great to see him land the KO, but I don't see that happening if the fight does come to fruition.

Lawler will pull the trigger unlike Ellenberger.

Lawler for the win.

LOL that interview was kinda awkward, Dana felt uncomfortable with some questions and did not know what to answer aside of some "Aammm I don't know".

Definitely Paul Daley is coming back, maybe even before the year is out.

I did not undesrtand anything about the Tate/Rousey replacement stuff. Anyone can explain me?

Rory beats Lawler, for sure.

Make Vitor vs winner of Sonnen/Shogun or Machida/Davis
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

5. Default

Lawler vRory would be fun. Like said earlier Lawler WILL throw everything at Rory

I like Semtex...his power is a game changer for sure. I just think in the UFCs 170lbrs will take him down and hold him there. Then there is the question of him making weight, he has missed it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post

I did not undesrtand anything about the Tate/Rousey replacement stuff. Anyone can explain me?
    It sounds like Ronda's Hollywood ties have gone to her head and she got her lawyer to call Dana either requesting higher pay for the show or a list of 'Hollywood" demands. Dana lost his shit on them and then when Tate showed up to replace Zingano, Ronda thought she was being pulled from the show for her stupid choices.

I actually give Lawler a good chance against Rory. Lawler has the power, a solid chin, and if he came in and fights smart the way he has as of late, he can finish Rory. Rory's best chance of winning would be taking Robbie down, but Lawler has underrated TDD. Both Tim Kennedy and Jacare struggled at times taking Robbie down, and he did manage to stuff both guys in the earlier rounds.

I honestly dont care to see Paul Daley back. Throwing sucker punches after a fight is over is just disrespectful and should not warrant him any attention.

dimerules28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    It sounds like Ronda's Hollywood ties have gone to her head and she got her lawyer to call Dana either requesting higher pay for the show or a list of 'Hollywood" demands. Dana lost his shit on them and then when Tate showed up to replace Zingano, Ronda thought she was being pulled from the show for her stupid choices.
    Well dana did go from more womens divisions are inevitable, to we gotta wait a couple years to see how this thing pans out... Just saying some interesting developments recently.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/1/457...usey-again-mma
    UFC 168: Despite newfound respect, Miesha Tate won’t 'underestimate' Ronda Rousey again
    "Cupcake" broke it down during this week's UFC World Tour press conference in New York:

"I didn't get into fighting to beat up people I didn't like. I'm going out there to test myself, and I'm doing my best to put the personal dislike aside and look at it like a competition. The belt is all that matters at the end of day. I think I learned a lot in that fight. Before the fight, I didn't respect her, and now I do. She's the world champ and the best in the room. I underestimated her, and I won't make that same mistake again."

Man...if it was anyone but Koscheck Daley punched I would say he should never set foot in the UFC, but KOS is suck a fucking Dick! And that last round was disgraceful IMO, yeah so you could hold a man down for 5 minutes and talk shit in his ear, so fucking what? I just never completely disliked Daley for trying to punch KOS in the mouth, hell part of me wishes he would have Knock him da fuck out. I mean if you're gonna do something dumb to get banned you should at least land the punch flush! But if Dana does bring Daley back, you know he's gonna make Daley/Koscheck II. It's gonna be the Tyson/Holyfield III of MMA. Hell maybe even make it a season of TUF, those will be some big numbers. Daley is just too fucking good not to fight for a big organization. If he can stop beating up Cops, I think he'll be ok. I wonder what really happened with that situation anyway, never could get a clear story......Daley vs Wandi/Leben/Lawler/Cung Le/or Lombard! Come on you can't say none of those fights makes your blood hot with anticipation!
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Thread Information