+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Machida believes Anderson was pressured into title rematch

Machida has a history of getting screwed out of title shots. He was what, 14 and 0 before getting his first title shot, and had beaten 3 ranked fighters to get it--and yet he was discredited by people saying he ran away from engagements, or that Soko wasn't a good win, or whatever.

chael fucking sonnen got a title shot without ever fighting at 205 in his life. Anyone who is complaining about Lyoto while not burning effigies of dana white on sonnen's lawn has their head up their ass.

If Machida beats Davis, he'll have beaten more ranked fighters at LHW than Anderson beat at MW in the last 12 months. Anderson earns an automatic rematch because he was great 3 years ago, but Lyoto can't get any love in a shallow field...more because of his fighting style than his credentials.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    i agree he acts as if he did so much to deserve a title shot besides go on a 2 fight win streak with a knock out of a gate keeper and a split decision of hendo.
    His job was to defeat Bader and Hendo. He did that not to mention he was indeed promised a title shot not some bs offer where he doesnt get adequate training time. If we are going to give fighters shit for not being able to finish a fight people should be all over GSP.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I also weigh 258 and hold the punch machine record at two separate bars in the greater Indianapolis area lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    Pfffffft. Whatever.
    I weigh 145 and once got punched at a bar.
    Good stuff.

2x Punch machine record holder > Anderson Silva

Now why did you get punched at a bar, Swift??

Georges St. Pierre, Jon Jones weigh in on Anderson Silva's knockout loss to Chris Weidman at 'UFC World Tour'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/3/458...a-knockout-ufc
    ones shed light on his reaction at the "UFC World Tour" press conference (full recap / video here) that took place in New York City earlier this week:

"It wasn't necessarily a goal of mine to dethrone Anderson, but the thought of a super fight was becoming more real and just him losing, I thought it altered that a little bit. Just seeing a great champion go down it's just like ... he's a guy I looked up to for years ... so to see him lose, as a fan, that kind of sucks."

Reigning welterweight champion, St. Pierre, told MMAmania.com how he felt about the Silva loss, too:

"As much as I am happy for Chris because he is a training partner and a friend of mine, I am sad for Anderson. It's always sad-like Jon said to see a champion fall like that. It makes you remember that nobody is invincible and this thing can happen to anyone. Nobody is protected from that, so it gives me the motivation for...It makes me remember that I am only one mistake from losing everything, so it keeps me sharp."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Kind of like how Anderson and Dana tried to pressure GSP into a superfight before his fight with Condit?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Machida has a history of getting screwed out of title shots. He was what, 14 and 0 before getting his first title shot, and had beaten 3 ranked fighters to get it--and yet he was discredited by people saying he ran away from engagements, or that Soko wasn't a good win, or whatever.

rh
    This is exactly what I was thinking as I was reading this thread. Hell, I remember bitching about how outrageous it was. Not to mention, don't promise fighters a title shot if you aren't going to follow through. That's kinda Ethics 101.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Kind of like how Anderson and Dana tried to pressure GSP into a superfight before his fight with Condit?
    Did Anderson Silva rape your mother or something when you were young?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

...........okay. well....anyways.

I think Dana White should do the right thing and not punish Lyoto for last night's insane decision. I think he should either rematch Davis or have both of them fight on the same card and whoever has the most impressive win gets the shot. Maybe even have the fans vote or some shit like that. I mean lets face it, the UFC will never follow any "structured" title shot guidelines so why not make the shit more interactive?
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Did Anderson Silva rape your mother or something when you were young?
    If he did, that would make two of you who are butthurt.

You just stole the award for 'Most Sensitive Poster' from S=E

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information