http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/1/457...p-says-i-think

'I think Werdum has a shot up next," Velasquez told MMAfighting. "I guess all the newcomers coming in or whoever comes off a hot streak, we will see how it all plays out."

"Vai Cavalo" would definitely be at the top of the list of a division filled with carcasses left by Velasquez and Dos Santos, who to date, have only lost to one another.

Werdum has been victorious in his last three bouts -- two coming by way of finish -- and most recently defeated good friend and fellow Brazilian Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. In fact, looking at his recent contests, his previous 10 match-ups contain a who's-who of would-be contenders in the division.

His only two losses during that span came against Dos Santos and Alistair Overeem (in Strikeforce).

Werdum was recently said to have personally requested a bout against fellow Hexagon-import Daniel Cormier; however, "DC" is now lined up to face Roy Nelson while contemplating a possible future at 205 pounds. Not only does a drop in weight get him a crack at Jon Jones (potentially), it avoids an awkward moment like this.