Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tito Ortiz repeats surprise entrance in pro wrestling

At least now when Tito has a cracked skull or Rampage sexually assaults someone, it can be part of a storyline.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Overall that looked pretty terrible... does TNA actually pull in decent viewer numbers with that ?

Watching Rampage actually try and wrestle he looks horrible as well and pretty much half asses his way through the brawl.
    Yup TNA does well infact for those wrestling fans that don't watch WWE they watch TNA kinda like for those that don't watch the UFC they flock to Bellator.

Its a good avenue for making money so it looks to me like both Tito and Page are getting paid without needing the UFC. TNA is more hardcore version of WWE without all the bs melodrama. TNA only has a few stars that are actually good on the mic but they usually excel with the wrestling like WCW.

I stopped watching wrestling when Lesnar and Goldberg left WWE.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 08-02-2013 at 04:11 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Lmfao at all those guys acting worried about Tito.

This guys are past their fighting prime so why not go to wrestling they still get great TV exposure and they get paid. Win Win for them.

TNA is in pretty bad shape in alot of ways, including financially right now and it is just getting a really bad reputation at the moment(they cut alot of talent, talent has asked for their release, they released a wrestler who was paralyzed in a TNA match, top executives have been fired and quit etc) and last night, the show Tito debuted on, a massive amount of the arena was tarped off because they can't sell tickets, they're cancelling shows and it's kind of a chaotic mess. Money issues are in large part due to having some really expensive guys like Hogan and Sting on their roster(and they haven't been shown to move the ratings needle to warrant the paydays), plus they've taken their Thursday night show on the road, which has cost a fortune, by adding Rampage and Tito(whom I think Viacom may be paying), it is just really silly for all involved.

Now, King Mo is a different story because he's motivated about becoming a pro wrestler and has actually committed to training and learning how to bump etc. Still, consider that training for MMA has a high probability of getting injured, in pro wrestling training, there is no doubt, YOU WILL get injured, so for these MMA guys who are just in wrestling for a while, they aren't going to put their body through anything close to what would be required to be a pro wrestler, so they're just kind of like expensive props. Tito is so beat up, that learning to wrestle is an impossibility and Rampage doesn't have the drive to go through the rigors of learning pro wrestling. It'd be dumb for BFC to let them actually wrestle as well, because there's a huge chance they could get hurt, which would kibosh the PPV.

TNA is known as TNAwful alot of the time by wrestling fans, for their ridiculous and nonsensical booking, bringing in an extremely limited Tito is just another drop in the bucket. TNA has alot of awesome wrestling talent(Roode, Styles, Joe, Daniels), but watching Rampage last night just shows how limited he is in the ring(and that's not a shot on him, he's just not trained) and altogether, this is just going to be goofy and potentially embarrassing for all involved.

The only thing that would've been worse was if it'd have been Ken. I understand the cross-promotion and synergy intended here, but I like keeping my MMA and wrestling separate. Pass.

I just lost a lot of respect and hope for BFC

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Yup TNA does well infact for those wrestling fans that don't watch WWE they watch TNA kinda like for those that don't watch the UFC they flock to Bellator.

Its a good avenue for making money so it looks to me like both Tito and Page are getting paid without needing the UFC. TNA is more hardcore version of WWE without all the bs melodrama. TNA only has a few stars that are actually good on the mic but they usually excel with the wrestling like WCW.

I stopped watching wrestling when Lesnar and Goldberg left WWE.
    no one flocks to bellator just look at te ratings as of late people are if anything running from bellator.

I thought this was awsome.
    Cheese on toast but dudes gotta eat.

FAKE WAR RAMPAGE!

This a bad idea on all accounts. Its bad for Bellator to have their PPV main event also be involved in a "worked" wrestling match, its a bad idea for TNA to put so much stock in two guys that have no clue what to do in pro wrestling and its a bad idea for Tito and Rampage to be milking both companies of a spot an up coming star could be filling. TNA lives for the swerve, they will die by it. Hopefully they dont take Bellator with them.
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    no one flocks to bellator just look at te ratings as of late people are if anything running from bellator.
    Again when UFC isn't an option people watch Bellator. There aren't many other options and the proof is kinda in the pudding when you look at their roster.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information