Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tito Ortiz repeats surprise entrance in pro wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    I'm ok with ex fighters going into prowrestling. What I am not ok with is current fighters having a stroryline in prowrestling against each other and having a real fight coming up. Its just bad for business all the way around.
    Bad for who's business? Bellator and TNA stand to gain cross over fans and the fighters build their name to a new fan base.

Athletes in legitimate sports crossing over into wrestling is nothing new. From Muhammad Ali fighting Antonio Inoki or Gorilla Monsoon to NFL players competing in a battle royal at Wrestlemania 2. Neither boxing or NFL was hurt by this and I doubt MMA will be either.

Any harm that would be done to MMA by being associated with pro wrestling would have already happened because of Brock Lesnar.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    Bad for who's business? Bellator and TNA stand to gain cross over fans and the fighters build their name to a new fan base.

Athletes in legitimate sports crossing over into wrestling is nothing new. From Muhammad Ali fighting Antonio Inoki or Gorilla Monsoon to NFL players competing in a battle royal at Wrestlemania 2. Neither boxing or NFL was hurt by this and I doubt MMA will be either.

Any harm that would be done to MMA by being associated with pro wrestling would have already happened because of Brock Lesnar.
    Apples to Oranges. Things were much different back when Ali Inoki happened for one. And 2 NFL is football, a team sport involving a ball and field not 2 guys fighting each other. Now you are taking a legit fighting competition and mixing it in with fake fighting. Think about it. The build up to a legit fight is going to be two guys cutting wrestling promos and doing run ins? Then the big payoff is a real fight? Tell me how its not going to look staged.

The Brock Lesnar argument is completely irrelevant at this point and time. At no point was Brock an active MMA fight and a wrestler and walking out on a wrestling stage to promote a real fight. Do you really think it will be good for the sport to see these guys fake hitting or kicking each other or getting beat down by other people?? How is this good promotion? Build there names how? Oh that guy that got beat down by the white Dudley is gonna fight tonight against that other guy who lost to someone half his size.

I use to be a wrestling fan. And I have no issue with a retired MMA fighter wrestling. I have no issue with a guest appearance by an active MMA fighter. But to be an active wrestler in some shitty storyline to promote a real MMA fight is just horrible cheap promotion.

You are right MMA will not be hurt, but this will not benefit Bellator in any way. For 1 its a fight years past its making, and 2 a lot of the wrestling fans you think will cross over are the blood and brawl kind fans. Highly doubt they stick around after watching Askren

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post

No shit, it is a week later and we are still talking about it. Seems like a good business move to me.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/8/460...-on-tna-impact
    Tito Ortiz Gets Shutdown By Kurt Angle, Bully Ray On TNA Impact
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Have Tito talk as little as possible. Good thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

I guess that it all comes down to who is fighting who and when... 2 fighters past their prime, in a bout that most of us feel should not be a main event ... who are crossing over into pro wrestling... it doesn't hurt MMA... but it is hurting both the TNA wrestlers that have to put both Tito and Page over, as well as the Bellator champions that should be making more money from headlining a PPV.

Yeah, very good idea to not let Tito talk. Because we all remember the 1000000 mistakes he made when he was a commentator for Affliction.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Sobral/Sokoudjou

"Here we are with Seraldo Babalu, you did an awesome job, saw why you’re a black belt in jiu-jitsu, getting an awesome submission there, I want to tell me what you see, let’s go ahead and see by the fight, what you saw, in the ring."

"You showed the dominance by getting the takedown and looking for a choke in that position. We know the weakness that you had, but you actually showed the heart and determination of a champion of how tough of a light heavyweight you really are, here in the Affliction card. What do you think of the future of you, um, future opponents?"

"Yes, and uh, my back will be better in about three months, so I know all the fans would love to see me and you get it on. You know what, you’re an awesome fighter, congratulations tonight. Everybody lets give a hand to Renato Babalu, one of the greatest light heavyweights, of the night."

Belfort/Lindland

"Matt the Lindland Law…The Law Lindland."

"Well, Belfort, we saw you with an astonishing left hand, that’s the left hand that I used to see you knock people out time and time again, we’re gonna go ahead and go over it. Walk me through it, show me exactly what you seen with this."

"Well, like I said, you show your hand-speed time and time again Vitor, 185 pounds, lady and gentlemen, let’s give Vitor Belfort a round of applause, an awesome 105 pounder, you just beat the number two guy in the world, buddy, you’re on top of the world tonight!"

"Wow! That’s all I got to say. Vitor at 185 pounds. I don’t know. I see him beating the, uh, what was it, Anderson Silva. I see him picking him apart because you have two great boxers, and, man, that was amazing. That was the old Vitor Belfort that we all want to see. Him at 131 years old. He’s back for vengeance."

Barnett/Yvel

"Well, here we go, we, here we go we got Josh Barnett, with a dominating fashion. Buddy, he said he wanted to stand up with you. You said you wanted to stand up with him. All the gameplans get thrown out and you shown the dominant heavyweight that you are. He wasn’t getting away from you. Walk me through the fight."

"Well, alright, we’re gonna go ahead show some some action from around one right here. I want you to walk me through and how do you feel as you went through this stuff?"

"Well you should have your head high tonight, you did an awesome job, entertained every one of these fans. You did a great job, I’m proud of you buddy. Keep it up, let’s see the winner tonight, you’ll be next in line."

"Well, you showed what type of champion you really are. Everybody lets give a hand to Josh Barnett, the baby-faced assassin, continuing his win career. Good job Josh! We’ll go back to you Sean."

Fedor/Arlovski

"July 4th has come early."

"I’m gonna have my interpreter here for Fedor Emelianenko. Everybody had questions on what type of heavyweight you were. You’ve showed it once on Tim Sylvia in 38 seconds. You’ve done it again against Andrei Arlovski in 3 minutes and 34 seconds. Let me tell you how you feelin right now."

"Well there’s always been question from other promotions saying that you weren’t the best heavyweight in the world. Well, tonight, buddy, you’ve answered those questions. You tooken out two of the former UFC heavyweight champions and you are the best heavyweight… in my eyes and I believe every one of these guys’ eyes around the world… of tonight…"

"Well, we got to see, actually, Josh Barnett in the last fight, win in a decision. It looks like you two are going to be heading off and another chance for you to defend your heavyweight title. What do you think as Josh as your next opponent?"

"Well the millions that are watching at home and the fifteen thousand and more in audience tonight, ladies and gentlemen, the pound for pound best heavyweight in the world today, Fedor Emelianenko, the last emperor, congratulations buddy."
    Last edited by Sniggles; 08-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    No shit, it is a week later and we are still talking about it. Seems like a good business move to me.
    Having an opinion on something and buying either PPV associated with it isn't the same thing really.

@Sniggles. I tried, but I just couldn't get through those videos. Damn Tito is bad on the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information