+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: UFC 163: Aldo vs. Korean Zombie Live Results and Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    jon anik isnt a color commentator so you are comparing apples and oranges.
    Either way, Jon Anik is a sleep aid.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    I dont think the judging was bad enough in that fight to say Machida got robbed.. Really, it could have gone either way. Id say Davis was the more aggressive fighter in rounds 1 and 2. Machida landed a little more frequently, but the takedowns from Davis at least equaled the difference in striking... I was more suprised that it was a UD instead of split, then that Davis won..
    takedowns weigh far too heavily in most decisions.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    jon anik isnt a color commentator so you are comparing apples and oranges.
    Oh, my bad. You got me. Now can you point me to the Jon Anik fanclub signups? Apples and oranges...lol!

How 'bout them apples?

BP
    Last edited by _DCdoctr_; 08-04-2013 at 09:40 AM.
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

The scoring system sucks big time, and because of this system we will continue seeing such bad decisions.

Overall, Machida looked much better. Davis landed almost no one significant strikes, all he did to win the fight was to score 2 takedowns, and mantain some control for a few time.

I am not saying that it was a huge robbery, because despite that Machida was clearly better, the scoring system ruins things.
    Same thing happened in Machida vs Rampage.

As for the main event, nothing new, Aldo dominated as it was expected.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

I am not saying that it was a huge robbery, because despite that Machida was clearly better, the scoring system ruins things.
    Same thing happened in Machida vs Rampage.
    Revisionist history. Rampage slightly outstruck Machida in a very inactive fight. That fight was still closer then the Davis fight. I thought Machida won tonight for sure.

You can't use the crybaby takedown comments now since this has been going on for many years. Dont get taken down in a low scoring fight or you might lose.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Revisionist history. Rampage slightly outstruck Machida in a very inactive fight. That fight was still closer then the Davis fight. I thought Machida won tonight for sure.

You can't use the crybaby takedown comments now since this has been going on for many years. Dont get taken down in a low scoring fight or you might lose.
    Actually if you look at the fight metrics, the matches were very very similar. Machida's game plan just doesn't work anymore, the judges aren't buying it. In both fights he had more Sig Strikes, but less strikes over all. In the Rampage fight he actually had a take down and even a submission attempt. He didn't in the Davis fight. Also in the Davis fight he was taken down twice, only once by Rampage.

If you are going to say he lost to Rampage, then he definitely lost to Davis...

Man the lyoto decision bums me out. I get that Davis did enough with the 2nd takedown to win the round, but that first one had no relevance in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    I dont think the judging was bad enough in that fight to say Machida got robbed.. Really, it could have gone either way. Id say Davis was the more aggressive fighter in rounds 1 and 2. Machida landed a little more frequently, but the takedowns from Davis at least equaled the difference in striking... I was more suprised that it was a UD instead of split, then that Davis won..
    I'd say it was bad enough that he got robbed. Once again, fighters aren't judged on aggression, they're judged on EFFECTIVE aggression. Going 2 for 8 or 9 for takedowns isn't effective, particularly when he did absolutely nothing with them. Machida landed harder, more significant shots--had Davis in trouble with them--and he landed a higher percentage of them...not only that, he stuffed 4x the amount of TD attempts to easily win octagon control.

This was a terrible night for the judges.
    Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    takedowns weigh far too heavily in most decisions.
    this one, particularly.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Revisionist history. Rampage slightly outstruck Machida in a very inactive fight.
    when did THAT happen?

Oh, yeah...never.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

That decision was such a fucking joke. Machida got screwed outta his title run for this bs. This is just ufc wanting a new contender for Jones, especially when he's said he doesn't wanna fight machida again. So I'm guessing from here you will hear DW talking about Davis like he's the next big thing. Its fucking disgusting. Give Davis the winner of Glover/Bader for another snoozefest so they can label him number one or possibly skip him over Glover too

Anyone else surprised that Aldo attacked Zombie when his shoulder was separated? How did Herb not notice that and step in and stop the fight sooner.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information