Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: 'Strong victory' at UFC Fight Night 28 likely earns Glover Teixeira title shot

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    8,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Gilbert Melendez is ranked #1 at LW, Jacare is ranked #5 at MW, and Saffedine is ranked #8 at WW. Who of these guys has beaten anyone in the top ten in UFC? None of them but no one questions their ranking. It's all based on their fights outside of UFC.
    However, none of Tex's wins outside of the UFC were noteworthy either. At least Jacare and Gil have some impressive wins outside.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sackville N.B
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    However, none of Tex's wins outside of the UFC were noteworthy either. At least Jacare and Gil have some impressive wins outside.
    He wasn't able to face top competition due to visa issues. That doesn't mean that his wins aren't impressive.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    8,601

    Default

    I probably should have said his opponent list is unimpressive.

    Like I said, this isn't a condemnation of Tex, just that people are overvaluing him at this point.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,029

    Default

    Would rather see Glover than Davis up next for Jones, so I am not complaining.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Gilbert Melendez is ranked #1 at LW, Jacare is ranked #5 at MW, and Saffedine is ranked #8 at WW. Who of these guys has beaten anyone in the top ten in UFC? None of them but no one questions their ranking. It's all based on their fights outside of UFC.
    A lot of that is because how well Strikeforce fighters have transitioned to the UFC. Lawler, Jacare, Thomson, Masvidal, and Healy have looked really good, Melendez too.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Miami by way of NY
    Posts
    7,287

    Default

    HAHA bader is literally the prototypical gate keeper.

    Jones got a title shot after beating him, machida did too but it got taken away and now he is standing between glvoer and a title shot.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Miami by way of NY
    Posts
    7,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    He wasn't able to face top competition due to visa issues. That doesn't mean that his wins aren't impressive.
    yes it does, it doesn't mean that he would not have beaten top level guys but it doesn't make beating up on nobodys in Brazil impressive.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •