Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 163 results: Jose Aldo would 'love' lightweight super fight next

Default UFC 163 results: Jose Aldo would 'love' lightweight super fight next

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/4/458...per-fight-next

When asked about the potential of moving up to 155-pounds for his next go round inside the Octagon, here's what old "Scarface" had to say:

"I don't know. I would love it, but it's up to Joe Silva. But, if I was given the opportunity, I would go there and fight. Yes!"
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

2. Default

Yes Bendo vs Aldo....hellva a fight

crazy fun fight.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Emotional boner

There's this cat named Ricardo Lamas that Aldo definitely has to take care of first before he takes a LW fight. Lamas has beyond earned the shot and I think gives Aldo a sincere run for his money.

I always hate how people complain about GSP taking Diaz over Hendricks and possibly taking the Silva superfight, but yet barely anyone seems to be ticked that Lamas is just sitting there with a slick resume and nobody seems to notice that Aldo is getting around fighting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    There's this cat named Ricardo Lamas that Aldo definitely has to take care of first before he takes a LW fight. Lamas has beyond earned the shot and I think gives Aldo a sincere run for his money.

I always hate how people complain about GSP taking Diaz over Hendricks and possibly taking the Silva superfight, but yet barely anyone seems to be ticked that Lamas is just sitting there with a slick resume and nobody seems to notice that Aldo is getting around fighting him.
    How can you compare GSP taking a vanity fight against Diaz to Aldo fighting whoever gets thrown his way and considering moving up a weight class to claim a 2nd UFC title to build on his legacy putting him in consideration for greatest of all time?

It's almost like you are saying Aldo is ducking Lamas?
    Legalize MMA in New York

What can people do about it? There's only so many grievous statements you can give on a subject.

It is apparent that Lamas does not command a large enough fanbase.

We all know the rea$oning behind why Lamas is being passed over, yet there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

Lamas should have taken a fight in the 8 months he has been inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    How can you compare GSP taking a vanity fight against Diaz to Aldo fighting whoever gets thrown his way and considering moving up a weight class to claim a 2nd UFC title to build on his legacy putting him in consideration for greatest of all time?

It's almost like you are saying Aldo is ducking Lamas?
    Oh, and the Edgar and initial Pettis fights weren't "vanity" fights to some degree? Two guys who've never fought or won a fight at the division just immediately getting a title shot? And as far as Aldo fighting whoever gets thrown his way, keep in mind, they guy he was just fighting was coming of major knee surgery and a year plus layoff, not really the top contender.

People decried all the time about Hendricks getting passed up, when Diaz was the sexier, more marketable name for GSP to fight on PPV, but when Pettis was given the shot and then Zombie was given it above Lamas, who had the far superior resume to warrant a shot but maybe not as marketable, what...that's no biggie? Yeah, that's a similar situation.

I don't believe GSP was ducking Hendricks but chose a money fight to settle a grudge and I'm not saying Aldo is ducking Lamas(however I think KZ was the safer fight to for ZUFFA to give him and it'd be better business-wise), but they were both number one contenders who got passed up and the latter nobody seems too upset about.

I think Aldo should definitely face Lamas. He's looked damn good in his four fight win streak, and has certainly earned a title fight. He was scheduled to face Jung, but was left without an opponent. He certainly could have chosen to face someone else, but other than Mendes (who faces Guida soon) I can't think of an opponent for him.

Oh, and the Edgar and initial Pettis fights weren't "vanity" fights to some degree? Two guys who've never fought or won a fight at the division just immediately getting a title shot? And as far as Aldo fighting whoever gets thrown his way, keep in mind, they guy he was just fighting was coming of major knee surgery and a year plus layoff, not really the top contender.

People decried all the time about Hendricks getting passed up, when Diaz was the sexier, more marketable name for GSP to fight on PPV, but when Pettis was given the shot and then Zombie was given it above Lamas, who had the far superior resume to warrant a shot but maybe not as marketable, what...that's no biggie? Yeah, that's a similar situation.

I don't believe GSP was ducking Hendricks but chose a money fight to settle a grudge and I'm not saying Aldo is ducking Lamas(however I think KZ was the safer fight to for ZUFFA to give him and it'd be better business-wise), but they were both number one contenders who got passed up and the latter nobody seems too upset about.
    I don't think it's the same situation at all. The reason GSP got a lot of flack for the Diaz fight is because he himself requested the fight over Hendricks and felt that Diaz was a more deserving challenger (which is completely absurd). Aldo, on the other hand, has been only agreeing to fights that UFC has been offering him. The one time he spoke up was about Pettis. He felt that there were more deserving contenders in the FW division than Pettis and that Pettis shouldn't be cutting the line. That's when Dana goes ballistic and states "He’s absolutely refusing to fight Pettis. The fight is on. He’s going to fight Pettis or he’s not going to like how this turns out.”

Aldo doesn't have the pull of other champions. He hasn't turned down any fights yet and when he did try to turn down the one fight against an undeserving opponent, he got shit for it. Let's not blame Aldo for Lamas not getting the shot; let's blame UFC and their matchmakers.

Thread Information