Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hendo's BJJ coach: "Vitor will regret asking for this fight"

Default Hendo's BJJ coach: "Vitor will regret asking for this fight"

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...or-this-fightq

She also stated that former Strikeforce and Pride FC champion Dan Henderson is her husband’s preferred second option for his Octagon return.

Hendo is in Hawaii on vacation with family at present but his Brazilian Jiu Jitsu coach Ricardo Feliciano, who heard of Belfort’s plans during a chat with a Fighters Only Brasil correspondent, said Hendo vs Belfort would be a great fight.

“Vitor is at the top and Henderson is coming off two decision losses. A victory over him would build us up,” he said.

‘Pantcho’ revealed the former champion walks around at 205lbs and, despite believing the Brazilian fighter is heavier, he doesn’t see much difficult in doing a match-up at light heavyweight or catch weight.

“Hendo is already 205lbs, this is his normal weight. If this bout happens in November, it will be excellent if included in GSP’s card [Georges Saint Pierre vs Johny Hendricks for welterweight championship] in Las Vegas. I will pump him up. Vitor will regret ti have asked for this rematch!” he said.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

vitor grabs the rematch i think. hendo isn't what he used to be and relies too heavily on the h-bomb. of course he still has a chance to land it, but i think vitor's movement will prevent that from happening.

Vitor simply has too many tools in his arsenal IMO this time around.

He's just so much faster than Hendo and Hendo's game has stagnated so greatly, that all he has is that one fastball pitch to throw and once you know its coming, that's really all Vitor has to prepare and concern himself with.

Now, if old "Decision Dan" were to pop back up and look to make this a dirty boxing clinch battle against the cage and just tried to turn it into a dogfight in close range, MAYBE he could wear on Vitor enough, get him down and ride him for a UD. I just don't think he's got that much left in him.....

They should've made Vitor/Consta since it actually makes sense at MW. If I were Hendo, maybe I'd say something like, "I don't want to fight somebody who I've already beaten while he was cheating and pissed hot after the fight", but then again, that might bring unwanted scrutiny upon himself.

Agreed, if Hendo can drag this to the ground or make it into a clinch war against the cage he can win. But if this is a straight up stand-up battle, I don't think Hendo is fast enough anymore. Vitor might be one of the few people who can KO Hendo.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I have seen nothing out of Belfort that says he can beat Hendo. The guy is the same fighter he has always been except he added a few kicks. Hendo has the chin to survive anything Belfort throws at him, the power to stop him and the grappling to toss him around. If they do fight Hendo wins either by TKO or decision.
    Dude, I’m a wrestler. I’m the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. That’s all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I have seen nothing out of Belfort that says he can beat Hendo. The guy is the same fighter he has always been except he added a few kicks. Hendo has the chin to survive anything Belfort throws at him, the power to stop him and the grappling to toss him around. If they do fight Hendo wins either by TKO or decision.
    Two things:

1. When was the last time we really saw Hendo's grappling in full effect?

and

2. Great chins don't last forever and Dan's reaction time has definitely declined.

Belfort takes this with vicious power, speed and furiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    If I were Hendo, maybe I'd say something like, "I don't want to fight somebody who I've already beaten while he was cheating and pissed hot after the fight", but then again, that might bring unwanted scrutiny upon himself.
    I genuinely believe Hendo does not give a fuck and would fight him again, especially since he's dropped his last two (albeit by split decision).

And the fucking site just stuck me on a different format. Fucking wonky ass iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I'd say Hendo is the same fighter he's always been too, except he doesn't use his wrestling as much, and seems slower. Granted, he did recently fight two very fast guys in Rashad and Machida, but he's still seems a step behind.

TRT-Vitor on the other hand, seems to have added wisdom to his arsenal along with kicks as you pointed out. He doesn't bull-rush guys like the old days, he's more patient, and strikes when the opportunity comes, and has the speed and power to make it count. He even attempted an armbar! However, I would still question Vitor's heart and stamina. He faded a bit against Jones when things got tough, as he has in the past. If this goes to deep water, it favours Hendo IMO. I doubt Vitor could survive the beating Shogun took.

Okay, so maybe I'm backtracking a bit, lol.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Vitor wins this time.

Hendo just depends on his H-bomb and granite chin. His cardio is not good and I do not see him beating Belfort like he did 7 years ago.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information