Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Ray Confirms Jose Aldo Broke His Foot During UFC 163 Win

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Anyone who has Jones higher than Aldo p4p has no clue what they're talking about.

Can you imagine the hype if Jones beat someone who was 6'6" with an 89" reach? Or if Anderson beat a legitimate, ranked MW who was 6"4" with an 81" reach? Or if Georges actually managed to finish a fight with a fighter 6'1 and an 80" reach? again, dana would be PRgasming all over the internets.

Aldo is my #1 p4p fighter.

rh
    Agree. It should be clear as night and day that Aldo is the #1 p4p fighter right now. I was starting to put him above Anderson already before Anderson lost. Aldo's overall skillset is just plain better than Anderson, GSP, Jones, Cain, etc. Unlike the others he doesn't have a glaring weakness. His striking offensively from boxing to kicks, and defensively from his head movement to weaving and ducking, his takedowns and takedown defense, and his ground and pound is some of the best in the game. Really his only weakness has been his cardio in the last couple of rounds and honestly the only time I've seen that exploited was against Hominick, a fight that he had his hardest weight cut coming off an injury. Against Florian and Frankie, two guys with amazing cardio, he still beat both of them in the 5th round.

Can't wait to see him eventually go to 155. He has the best shot from any of the champions to be a dual weight class champion.

Really...just imagine how hard dana would be be gushing if Georges, Anderson or Jones fought 3 rounds with a broken foot and still kicked the shit out of a bigger fighter...literally with the broken foot in question.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Anyone who has Jones higher than Aldo p4p has no clue what they're talking about.

Can you imagine the hype if Jones beat someone who was 6'6" with an 89" reach? Or if Anderson beat a legitimate, ranked MW who was 6"4" with an 81" reach? Or if Georges actually managed to finish a fight with a fighter 6'1 and an 80" reach? again, dana would be PRgasming all over the internets.

Aldo is my #1 p4p fighter.

rh
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Agree. It should be clear as night and day that Aldo is the #1 p4p fighter right now. I was starting to put him above Anderson already before Anderson lost. Aldo's overall skillset is just plain better than Anderson, GSP, Jones, Cain, etc. Unlike the others he doesn't have a glaring weakness. His striking offensively from boxing to kicks, and defensively from his head movement to weaving and ducking, his takedowns and takedown defense, and his ground and pound is some of the best in the game. Really his only weakness has been his cardio in the last couple of rounds and honestly the only time I've seen that exploited was against Hominick, a fight that he had his hardest weight cut coming off an injury. Against Florian and Frankie, two guys with amazing cardio, he still beat both of them in the 5th round.

Can't wait to see him eventually go to 155. He has the best shot from any of the champions to be a dual weight class champion.
    I know this has been discussed before, but I would greatly appreciate a quick synopsis on how you "normalize" fighters across weight classes to evaluate P4P rankings.

Thanks

jose aldo hospitalised with kidney stones.

do you guys think its got something to do with huge amount of weight cut??

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicsunn View Post
    jose aldo hospitalised with kidney stones.

do you guys think its got something to do with huge amount of weight cut??
    I don't know. But if it does have something to do with it, might be time for the lightweight division.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...kidney-stones/
    Aldo hospitalized with kidney stones

Dr. Marcio Tannure, the UFC’s doctor in Brazil, told MMAFighting.com that the UFC featherweight champion was taken to Copa D’Or hospital in Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro and diagnosed with kidney stones Tuesday. UOL first reported the news.

"I learned about this problem with Andre (Pederneiras, Aldo’s coach)," Tannure told MMAFighting.com on Tuesday. "He had renal calculus (kidney stones) before. He needs to send me the results of the exams so I can check it. Andre told me it’s not serious, and he probably already expelled the stones."

Isn't he a little young to have kidney stones?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Isn't he a little young to have kidney stones?
    Has nothing to do with age more to due with trauma, diet or metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Has nothing to do with age more to due with trauma, diet or metabolism.
    So the weight cut. Not enough water? Cormier had kidney issues when he was cutting weight, I wonder if it's similar. I really think it might be time for him to take a long hard look at Lightweight.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So the weight cut. Not enough water? Cormier had kidney issues when he was cutting weight, I wonder if it's similar. I really think it might be time for him to take a long hard look at Lightweight.
    Bingo. Dehydration with not enough water in system to dilute abundance of calcium.

Thread Information