Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cormier: Jones talking like a 16 year old girl

Default Cormier: Jones talking like a 16 year old girl

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...year-old-girl/

Undefeated Daniel Cormier has recently said that his next bout at heavyweight against Roy Nelson will be his last, and that he then he would like an immediate shot at the light heavyweight title.

UFC lightheavyweight champion Jon Jones is not impressed.

"DC is a guy who really wants to be famous," said Jones. "I don't think he wants to work hard. I think he just wants to be famous. You can see it in his physique; you can see it in his card."

"I hate answering questions about him. He's just not relevant to me. There's so many great fighters in the light-heavyweight division. He's not even top five in his division..."

"He has short reach, bad cardio, he looked terrible in his last fight. It's like, I'm not worried about him at all."

During the UFC 163 post-fight show in FUEL TV, hosted by Jon Anik, Cormier appeared to offer analysis, and directed some remarks at Jones.

“When I hear his quote, it’s like a 16-year old girl," said Cormier. "Jon Jones, grow up bud, we’re going to fight regardless of how you feel. And when we do and I’m cutting the line and you might as well pull the guard because I’m taking you down.”

Order up!! Jabs and kicks to go! In all seriousness, I'm not too interested in this fight, but I'll hold off on any judgments against Cormier till I see him compete again. He did look terrible...turble...in his last outing.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Cormier has so far dominated everybody he has faced, and I think he is a very serious threat.

His argument that he does not want to work hard based on his physique is idiocy, because in that case Cain Velasquez or Fedor are also a couple of lazy asses.

And Cormier is in the Top 5 of the HW division without a doubt.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Cormier has so far dominated everybody he has faced, and I think he is a very serious threat.

His argument that he does not want to work hard based on his physique is idiocy, because in that case Roy Nelson, Cain Velasquez or Fedor are also a couple of lazy asses.

Fixed.

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

Like, you know, whatever.

Sept 4- Glover fights and beats Bader
    Sept 21- Bones beats Glover
    Oct 19th- Cormier starts cutting weight after beating Nelson
    Super Bowl weekend Bones fights Glover
    Plenty of time for Cormier to cut weight and fight Bones mid spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

I love him telling jones that he might as well pull guard! Hope this fight does materialize at some point. Whether at lhw or hw it needs to happen.

8. Default Daniel Cormier compares Jon Jones to a teenage girl

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/08/...-teenage-girl/

UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones (18-1) recently offered up some rough remarks aimed at unbeaten heavyweight Daniel Cormier where he questioned the Olympian’s work ethic based on his physique and made fun of Cormier’s smaller fanbase. Jones’ insults came after a line of questioning involving Cormier’s plan to slim down to 205 pounds and challenge for the belt, a move “DC” plans to make after his October outing against Roy Nelson at UFC 166. According to Jones, he’d grown sick of talking about Cormier and felt the need to unleash some of his frustration. However, it appears his plan may have backfired.

Cormier caught wind of Jones’ comments and offered up a salty response on last night’s Fuel TV coverage of UFC 163.

“When I heard his quote, it’s like a 16-year old girl,” stated Cormier. “Jon Jones, grow up bud. We’re going to fight regardless of how you feel. And when we do and I’m cutting the line and you might as well pull guard because I’m taking you down.”
    Of course, the 12-0 Cormier will have to get by Nelson for the match-up to materialize, while Jones will also have to emerge with his hand raised in relation to a September 21 title-defense against Alexander Gustafsson.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post

His argument that he does not want to work hard based on his physique is idiocy, because in that case Cain Velasquez or Fedor are also a couple of lazy asses.

Not to mention Jones questioning the work ethic of a guy who was CAPTAIN of OLYMPIC Wrestling Team.

And to further add to that, Cormier is one of the shorter HW in the division (5'10), and even with his round physique, he is on the lighter side of the division (235lb against Mir), and he has been beating guys who are a lot taller, heavier, more reach on him. All those stats are the complete opposite in Jones' case in the LHW division.

Sept 4- Glover fights and beats Bader
    Sept 21- Bones beats Glover
    Oct 19th- Cormier starts cutting weight after beating Nelson
    Super Bowl weekend Bones fights Glover
    Plenty of time for Cormier to cut weight and fight Bones mid spring.
    goose,
    anyway, what if bader beats glover, goose beats jones, nelson beats cormier?
    head will explode like the one in you avatar

Thread Information