+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cormier: Jones talking like a 16 year old girl

In my opinion, demanding something that you haven't earned (an immediate shot at the lhw belt), is something more akin to a 16 year old than anything Jon Jones said.
    "To be truly walking on the warrior's path, we have to bring our minds back to the time when we were not ashamed of our dreams; when reality had not yet frustrated our ambitions; when our desire was still too strong to be repressed, and our spirit refused to surrender in resignation; when we were not yet doctors, businessmen, or lawyers, but still wanted to be heroes, leaders, bodhisattvas. The first step on the way to being warriors is to get back in touch with our dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by MirJitsu View Post
    In my opinion, demanding something that you haven't earned (an immediate shot at the lhw belt), is something more akin to a 16 year old than anything Jon Jones said.
    It is indeed ilogical, but we all know how the UFC works.
    You can win 4 or 5 fights in a row and you will not be even close to a title shot, however you can have 0 wins, do some cheap trash talk and get the shot.

Cormier has 0 wins at LHW, but at least he has wins over 3 big names in the HW division, and now he is talking some shit too.
    Obviously he will get his shot.

BTW Dana loves when 2 guys pretend to "genuinely hate eachother" LOL
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

You're a complete idiot if you really think Cormier has zero chance. Anyway, for some reason I think if this fight were to happen Jones would probably try clinching similar to Sonnen just to not let DC use any offensive wrestling.

I can't wait for Jones to move to hw, so when he gets embarrassed fighting ppl his size we can see how many ppl hop off his nuts lol.

I don't care if Cormier drops to face Jones or Jones moves up in the future, I would love to see this fight.

5. Default

bump READ^^

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...fight-someday/
    Cormier: Jones is 'petty', we will fight someday
    "I think it’s part of the game," Cormier said when asked if he thinks Jones was serious about what he said, as opposed to trying to build up a fight. "I never came out and said I’m the most ripped guy in MMA. I’m not. I haven’t cut weight in years. I haven’t tried to cut weight in years. I haven’t tried to diet in years. I clean up a little in training camp, but I’ve never tried to be the most ripped guy, so that kind of stuff doesn’t bother me. I just don’t like him saying I don’t want to work hard. He hasn’t spent a day in the gym with me. He doesn’t know my schedule. I know I’m training. It takes a big statement to say that about someone who has accomplished what I’ve accomplished. You don’t just come out of Louisiana, where there is no wrestling, to become a two-time Olympian in wrestling."

"It’s almost shocking that someone in his position could be so petty," said Cormier. "It was almost like, wow, we’re adults.

"Three points I want to make here. First, Twitter followers. He made mention of that two times in that statement. I don’t understand what that plays into an actual fight. It makes no sense in a fight. Two, how would you like to be Jon Jones’ friend? He says Frank Mir is his friend. He said I was terrible in the fight, and I beat his friend. What are you saying about your friend? Third, it’s petty. Answer the question and get through with it. He never completely answered the question. Do you want to fight me or do you not want to fight me?"

Jones also has a fight coming up, on Sept. 21 in Toronto, defending his light heavyweight title against Alexander Gustafsson.

"The truth is we’re going to fight at some point," Cormier said about Jones. "We have fights to get through first. Then all those things are going to have to be answered. Jon Jones can say he doesn’t know if I’m in the top of my division, but that’s a lie. That’s a bold-faced lie. It’s an obvious lie because he knows how many Twitter followers I have. It’s contradictory.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Even with the physique that jones criticized, I've never seen do even come close to gassing. Furthermore, coming from the same camp as Cain and even being cain's trainer, I'm pretty sure his tank is deep.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Jesus ladies, either kiss or shut the fuck up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Is Bones becoming the forums new Rampage? I aint posting much but from what I read thats the vibe I be getting.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information