Thread: Focused on Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva still wants superfights with GSP and Jon Jon

Default Focused on Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva still wants superfights with GSP and Jon Jon

Focused on Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva still wants superfights with GSP and Jon Jones

"I really wanted this fight to happen," Anderson Silva said during a radio interview to "Panico", on Friday, about facing GSP. "Heís a guy that plays by the rules, doesnít take too many risks. That fight may happen, or maybe not. He said he doesnít want it, I donít know. Iíll train and remain focused to fight (Weidman) on Dec. 28."

"Heís like that (Ayrton) Sennaís rival. They used to compete at the same time and one of them was technical and the other played by the rules. (GSP) is the UFCís Alain Prost," Silva added, comparing himself to Brazilian racing driver Senna, who won three Formula One world championships.

After Andersonís loss to Weidman on July 6, UFC president Dana White said the superfights including the Brazilian, GSP and Jones were gone, once that Silva "was the link to both of them."

"I hope it happens," Anderson Silva told Combate.com about the possibility of facing light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the future. "Thatís the fight everybody is waiting for."

However, Silva knows he canít overlook Weidman.

"I had a nightmare with Weidman, but I donít fear him," Anderson said during the radio interview. "He is determined, but has two arms and two legs just like me. Now Iíll bring Chuck Norris (to my camp). Iíll bring both, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal."
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/5/...jones-mma-news
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Chuck Norris > Usher

They're not super fights anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

His weirdness is gonna be alot less acceptable when he legit loses a step.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    They're not super fights anymore.
    Too bad they would be were Anderson to regain the strap.

17-1 in UFC. Noone else sports a record like that. Vanity fight or not, the UFC is not above matchups which are for popularity instead of by the ranking.

I will tune in for GSP/Silva if it happens, and I know most of you will even though there will be much whining in the months between the announcement and the fight.

PS: Teenagers say legit.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...e-he-got-lazy/
    Roach: Silva lost because he got lazy

"I definitely saw him get knocked out," Roach said, referring to Silva's UFC 162 loss to Chris Weidman on Monday's edition of The MMA Hour. "My thought on that is that he just plays around too much. I think it's too easy for him sometimes. He just got caught playing around. In this sport, one punch can change things, and this isn't a sport you should actually play [around].

"The thing is, I think he gets a little bored in there because he's talented, and he seems like he's more talented than a lot of the guys. He is one of the best I've ever worked with. He understands timing and distance really well. I think he could've avoided taking those shots, but again, I'm not sure what his thought process was. I think he was just a little bit lazy and playing around too much."

Thread Information