Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With contract nearly complete, Rich Franklin has one, maybe two, UFC fights left

Default With contract nearly complete, Rich Franklin has one, maybe two, UFC fights left

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/8/7/459...juice-business

The former Middleweight champion recently spoke BJPenn.com, detailing his extracurricular endeavors and what his dwindling combat sports future might hold.

He starts in with his juice business:

"Nutrition has always been a passion of mine, I have been laying the groundwork for an organic juice bar, Ze/Lin, to open this fall in LA. My first location will be in Beverly Hills. Iím excited and even busier. Iím always training, but not prepping for a fight currently."

Franklin has competed against many of the biggest names on the roster, including Anderson Silva, Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort and Wanderlei Silva, among others. He has had inconsistent success, splitting (4-4) his last eight matches since Sept. 2008.

He has one fight remaining on his current UFC contract and he has always remained steadfast in regard to satisfying his obligation with the company. And he still plans to do so ... and perhaps even a little more.

But, when?

Franklin with the update:

"Initially, my projections were to have a fight before the end of the year. We will see what difficulties this juice business will bring to derail that time frame. I have 1 fight remaining on my contract. I will not make another title run. I may fight that plus one more, I really donít know."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I remember when Rich was the king of the middleweight division and to read about his retirement plans is a bit sad in a way. At least the guy has a clear view of what he wants to do after he's done fighting.

Anderson Silva x2

Lyoto Machida (not UFC)

Dan Henderosn

Wanderlei Silva x2

Vitor Belfort

Chuck Liddell

Forrest Griffin

Talk about a historic fight career for Franklin, not many people can say they faced a list of fighters like that. One could even argue that all of those listed fighters (plus Evan Tanner) will be HOF's at the end of their careers if they arent already...making that list that much more impressive. Franklin is a HOF no question about it

bring in Keith Jardean for him to fight

Franklin vs Bisbing still needs to happen before ace retires.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    bring in Keith Jardean for him to fight
    Jardine lost 7 of his last 10...

I'd love to see him fight Diet Nog to round out that list of amazing matches. But with his win over Evans, maybe that's not fair to Nog.

He's had an absolutely phenomenal career and the idea of him retiring is somewhat saddening. Call me crazy, but I think a fight would Chael would be pretty kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Jardine lost 7 of his last 10...
    Think that was the point he wants Franklin to get a win on his way out

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Think that was the point he wants Franklin to get a win on his way out
    And mine was that he is bound to regional promotions.

Thread Information