Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping suggests 'hesitant' Lyoto Machida 'needs to change his style'

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    wait a second..

there, thats better.
    HA! In all seriousness, when I saw your name as the last poster I thought "there's the gif..." You are our Big Ben of hilarious KO references.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

Davis impressed me with his striking.
    Davis landed absolutely nothing, maybe 2 or 3 punches at best. All the rest missed or was blocked. What was impressive there??
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Davis landed absolutely nothing, maybe 2 or 3 punches at best. All the rest missed or was blocked. What was impressive there??
    Most of the strikes Davis landed were leg kicks. He also did land more than a few punches, it was just that nobody bothered to notice. Machida, on the other hand, whenever he threw a punch or kick, which was mostly blocked by Davis, the crowd cheered. The number of significant strikes landed by both guys were like 20something, in the course of 15minutes, so neither guy really lit each other up standing.

What was impressive about Davis striking that Bisping was alluding to was that he stood in front of Machida and held his own, especially considering he is known for not having good strikes. He kept moving around, kept his distance good, cut angles, threw variety of strikes (whether they landed or not), and survived all of Machida's strikes. Striking is more than just landing punches.

Winning is more than just surviving. Neither fighters made a good enough statement for the W.

OVERTIME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post

What was impressive about Davis striking that Bisping was alluding to was that he stood in front of Machida and held his own, especially considering he is known for not having good strikes. He kept moving around, kept his distance good, cut angles, threw variety of strikes (whether they landed or not), and survived all of Machida's strikes. Striking is more than just landing punches.
    Yup as much I hate agreeing with anything Bisping says

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    That's really always been my main criticism of him too. I get that he's trying to be "elusive" and everything but when he spends so much of the fight back peddling it makes it pretty boring and it makes it look like his opponent's aggression is dictating the fight.
    The essence of karate is self defense. As long as Machida is still winning fights noone can claim his style is ineffective. Has anyone ever finished Davis let alone knocked him down? The most effective opponent Davis fought to date was Rashad and didn't that go to a decision?

Machida had a tough fight and I don't think even Jon Jones would finish Davis. The truth of the matter is Davis got saved by those 2 takedowns.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

If Munoz decides to stop believing he is an elite striker with heavy hands and decides to go with his roots and take the I am an elite wrestler route he's gunna ruin this fuckin guy....

But Mark is gunna play Bisbings game spend 3 rounds getting tagged mildly not feeling it and thinkin when i hit him he's screwed.

Next thing u know fights over and Bisbings got himself another back peddling W..

It's hillarious listening to him knock anyone for being tenative and holding back.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    As long as Machida is still winning fights noone can claim his style is ineffective.
    Point is that he's not winning fights though..... his style is obviously costing him matches at this point

He's definitely less aggressive since getting KO'ed.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information