Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check out the new 'downed opponent' rule as written by Keith Kizer himself

Quote Originally Posted by hass View Post
    You're right. But I wish the rule would be applied the same way for crawling. Perhaps anytime someone is down by choice they are fair game! Cause I think most would agree that it really sucks when someone pulls guard by flopping on their back and laying there. But, that's just more stuff that's discretionary and will leave things sooo debateable. Guess we'll just go back to Pride rules are UFC 1 rules!
    the thing is though if your knee is on the ground it can actually cause significantly more damage than if it is just a hand.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    the thing is though if your knee is on the ground it can actually cause significantly more damage than if it is just a hand.
    That's why someone shouldn't do that intentionally! These guys trying to play the system are going to end up getting hurt while they get the point taken away from the other fighter...

That's why someone shouldn't do that intentionally! These guys trying to play the system are going to end up getting hurt while they get the point taken away from the other fighter...
    yea but itf they get knocked out they win and get double the pay!

This will lead to controversial discretionary calls by the refs.
    Correct, until the ref gains the ability of viewing instant replay.

I like the idea of the rule change but I think it will turn into a clusterfuck. Like someone else said make it black and white, still too much grey still involved.

Thread Information